JoJo Rabbit

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Lunachic
Charter Member

JoJo Rabbit

Post by Lunachic »

Never heard much about this movie. I was able to finally check it out and I fell so in love with it. I felt awkward laughing so much but I think that was the goal at those moments and also it was just still so relevant even today so many years later. I really liked Scarlett and I rarely do . The young Roman was very impressive and such a natural. I was not expecting what happened and it really tore me up but still I love the movie. Taika is a favorite of mine yet I didn't realize he not only stars in the movie but also wrote and directed it.. man I am slacking on my Knowledge !
All in all I can't really complain , I have no gripes .
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: JoJo Rabbit

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

One of my favorites from last year. Taika and Ho bonding as they were sweeping the writing awards during the award season was amazing lol. Funny how they kept winding up on the same flights.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:One of my favorites from last year. Taika and Ho bonding as they were sweeping the writing awards during the award season was amazing lol. Funny how they kept winding up on the same flights.
Ho... is that director of The Host and ummm Parasite? I know I can look it up but I like learning from my peeps too
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Lunachic wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:One of my favorites from last year. Taika and Ho bonding as they were sweeping the writing awards during the award season was amazing lol. Funny how they kept winding up on the same flights.
Ho... is that director of The Host and ummm Parasite? I know I can look it up but I like learning from my peeps too
Yeah, Bong Joon Ho
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Lunachic wrote:
Yeah, Bong Joon Ho
I haven't seen Parasite yet.. but I dig most of his stuff usually
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Great film, shit book. Amazing what Waititi did with the source material.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

I had only heard it was funny from Rockwell on a talkshow. I thought it was going to be slapstick all the way through. Then it got serious. I was in a goofy mood and wasn't quite prepared to see the kid hugging his dead hanging mom. I liked it all in all.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Its wonderful I loved it. Scarlett should of won an Oscar
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:Its wonderful I loved it. Scarlett should of won an Oscar
If someone were to upset Dern's win, I would've been good with ScarJo taking it for this film.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

My favorite funny image, by far, is the reveal of Rockwell in his full custom designed uniform near the end. God that made me laugh so hard, and I want to do that for a halloween costume one year.
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

The way they goofed up Hitler was extremely satisfying
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:My favorite funny image, by far, is the reveal of Rockwell in his full custom designed uniform near the end. God that made me laugh so hard, and I want to do that for a halloween costume one year.
That was hilarious
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Fantastic film. Really was.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

This was the acting debut of Roman Griffin Davis (JoJo) that really amazes me because he was so good.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:This was the acting debut of Roman Griffin Davis (JoJo) that really amazes me because he was so good.
Kid actors these days are trained very well. I gotta see this now. I ain't got HBO Maz though. Might rent it.