Brother

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Brother

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

So, I apparently have a brother now. Just born about an hour ago. My dad is 63. He'll be 81 when the kid graduates high school. Assuming, of course, that he lives that long and the kid doesn't die from being born during a pandemic. Stupid situation all around if you ask me. At least my dad gets another shot at passing along the family name, since I won't be doing it. I feel sorry for the kid, though, since he'll likely be a redneck.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Brother

Post by showa58taro »

That’s old to be a dad. Are you likely to meet the kid any time soon? Or not so much?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:That’s old to be a dad. Are you likely to meet the kid any time soon? Or not so much?
Unless something unexpected happens, I likely won't see him for years. Which is fine with me, because I hate kids.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Congrats I suppose?

Or I'm sorry? Whichever you prefer.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Dream wrote:Congrats I suppose?

Or I'm sorry? Whichever you prefer.
Exactly what I was thinking when my dad told me. Just a confusing bit of info that I didn't know how to respond to.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

I mean, if my dad told me that my response would be *horrified confusion and disgust* but mostly because my mom can't have kids anymore and they're still together, lol. If they were like "hey we adopted a kid" I'd honestly have to give a fake laugh while cringing and start looking up CPS in the area to have on hand just in case they haven't changed since I was a kid.

Old people having kids is weird to me. I don't get it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Dream wrote:I mean, if my dad told me that my response would be *horrified confusion and disgust* but mostly because my mom can't have kids anymore and they're still together, lol. If they were like "hey we adopted a kid" I'd honestly have to give a fake laugh while cringing and start looking up CPS in the area to have on hand just in case they haven't changed since I was a kid.

Old people having kids is weird to me. I don't get it.
Well, my dad's good with kids, he's just old. And his wife is younger than I am. So yeah, all sorts of weird, but the kid should be fine. Other than being raised by rednecks, anyway.