Mail Questions

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Mail Questions

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I just received a package from UPS with my address, but I didn't order anything. The person's name is also not mine. I called the office, and this person does not live in my complex. I did a quick google search and found someone that could be the person, including their phone number and address(yes, I am a creep that can find you if I want). So the questions are, should I call this person? If so, how creepy would it be to offer to bring them their package? I'm bored and I live close by, so it doesn't bother me, but I can see how it might be weird.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Mail Questions

Post by Headhunter »

Nah I don’t see it as weird, it’s the right thing to do. I’m sure they’d appreciate it, a lot of people wouldn’t do anything.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I've with head. I don't really see the downside. Worst case, they think you're a little odd, but hey, they get their mail, so it's a win.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I'd go ahead and let the guy know...and be weird about it for the lulz.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Called, but no answer. Left a message saying I got a package for them. Should be interesting if they bother calling back.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Don't think it would be weird. Maybe it is something they really need like a special vitamin they can't find anywhere. Or a limited edition giant purple dildo. :lol:
There is a house that has the same house number as mine but one block over. For the past 6 years they have been getting my pkgs every now and then. I ended up really liking the lady who lives there. She is very nice when I have to go get the pkg. She is way into tikis and windchimes though. Glad I'm on the next block.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Sounds like a nice thing to do
dave626

Post by dave626 »

That happened to me sort of. I was expecting something off eBay and opened it up, not looking at the address. It wasn't mine. I had 2 choices, put it in the box it was meant for, one street over or let the mail re-deliver it. I chose the latter. I've also had wrong addressed mail come to me. I've Googled it, marked out my address and wrote the correct one.

When you said "package" I had to giggle, yes I know I'm immature. I also giggle when a well endowed woman is buying shelving. Nice rack.
Seriously, though, I just call it mail.
Plenty of ways to go here and not be awkward about it. Depending on their mailbox (street or apt.) you might just drop it in there yourself and walk away.