Not sure if this is the right place for this....

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
dave626

Not sure if this is the right place for this....

Post by dave626 »

But, I've been thinking. Yes, a lot of us are friends on FB or other social media, but some are not. Some avoid it all together. I hesitate to call them "secret identities" but I'm curious if others on here like their privacy under their screen names or don't mind being open about who they really are IRL?
Jason
Administrator

Re: Not sure if this is the right place for this....

Post by Jason »

Everyone here knows who I am. I don't keep my identity secretive.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

I'm a mix.

I never legally changed my last name when I got married but I use my husband's last name on Facebook. I have my account locked down to people not on my friends list because I still have issues with an ex from time to time (using my husband's last name helps because I know the ex can't fucking spell it, hah!)

I don't mind people knowing who I am between here and Facebook but like between Reddit and Facebook or other sites and Facebook, no. I use Reddit to talk about heavily personal shit so I don't want it linking back to my real name/family because my family will disown me and I have enough going on to have to deal with getting flack for talking about shit they want to pretend never happened. Talking about it helps me. It would probably help them too but they can't own up to it.

So, here people know my phone number, real name, whatever, I don't care. Anywhere else is a no-go on personal information or linking back to accounts with personal information.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i don't mind people knowing my name. but not so comfortable about giving other information.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Some people here might know my real name, but it's probably very few. While I'm pretty open about who I am and all my own nonsense, I don't really do social media. I have a twitter which started because I streamed video games, but since I stopped, it's mostly used to bitch. I have a fake facebook for things that require facebook. That's it. I think social media is worthless. It keeps people from having real interactions and is generally just shit. That said, I don't care who knows anything about me, but I also don't feel the need to share my life with anyone. If someone asks me about some shit, I'll tell them, but I'm not gonna just put it out there unless I feel it's necessary for context, I'm asking for advice, or some shit.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I don't have a life, really, so I don't care who knows me. Michael Sean Mahoney. Columbia City, Indiana, previously of Muncie, Indiana and Huntington, Indiana. :P

I have total respect for anyone wanting to maintain their privacy, and I try to never pry where I'm not wanted. Hopefully no one ever feels pressured into telling another member something they don't wish to share.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Think I’m pretty easy to find and don’t hide or avoid social media as such. Think I do curate what image I have on respective sites.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

I had horrible stalker issues to the point I had to go to the police and a lawyer some years back. I learned a hard lesson on being vulnerable online. I am a private person now. If you are in my circle. It means I trust you. Also I would soooo throat punch someone for you, without a second thought. :P

I do have places where family goes and places that are friends. I have learned to not mix the two. Older Irish Catholic aunts are very traditional, judgemental and don't get rude humor at all. Learned a lesson on that with the aunties and a guy from high school I still talked to. *cringes*
pixie
Charter Member

Post by pixie »

I used to not care when I lived in Belize. Cause who the heck would would try to mess with me there. But since ive moved to the US and got married I kinda keep everything a little more private. I still have some of you guys on my FB but i hardly post there anymore. Like dream said reddit is a different case also they are so many creepers there. On sites like fetlife or anything kink related I would never show my face.