Suggestions...obviously

How can we improve the board?
Dream
Charter Member

Re: Suggestions...obviously

Post by Dream »

The tongue smiley looks shady. :P <-- not a jokey kinda smiley, that's an "I'm trying not to kill you and am nervous as fuck so I'm gonna pretend I'm joking" smiley
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Fucking "ranks" don't work at all intuitively. I've been able to set them as special and color code them to standout, but then it takes away the name of the rank on the members page. And if I don't do that, I can't make heads or tails as to why it will automatically assign everyone the same rank (either charter member or administrator) when were are in different groups. F U site!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I say that and immediately after I think I figured it out. :|
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Alright, I think I got "ranks" and "groups" figured out (for the most part), it's a fucking spider web but whatevs. Through these is how we can give custom titles if so wished, but don't expect that soon, many kinks to test and work out. Now Slaughter, you said: Also, if you want to actually make something of the site, you might consider making charter mean something other than "hey, we like you and you've been around awhile." What exactly do you mean by that? Through ranks, groups and permissions, we can make it like before where you or another member are the only ones to be the "Calendar Guy" with access to that. Havok is the Radio Guy and can only post threads on the Radio Show forum, whatever. But Charter Member has always just been a badge of honor saying you've been a great contributing member and you're awesome type of deal. Just curious what you thought? I get the idea of special perks or summat, but I'm not seeing what it would be on a site like ours, a straight message board, that is all encompassing and not a business or providing a service.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Reign in Blood wrote:Alright, I think I got "ranks" and "groups" figured out (for the most part), it's a fucking spider web but whatevs. Through these is how we can give custom titles if so wished, but don't expect that soon, many kinks to test and work out. Now Slaughter, you said: Also, if you want to actually make something of the site, you might consider making charter mean something other than "hey, we like you and you've been around awhile." What exactly do you mean by that? Through ranks, groups and permissions, we can make it like before where you or another member are the only ones to be the "Calendar Guy" with access to that. Havok is the Radio Guy and can only post threads on the Radio Show forum, whatever. But Charter Member has always just been a badge of honor saying you've been a great contributing member and you're awesome type of deal. Just curious what you thought? I get the idea of special perks or summat, but I'm not seeing what it would be on a site like ours, a straight message board, that is all encompassing and not a business or providing a service.
Maybe just a board only viewable by charter members. Could have shit like a trade section or something where you'd want only people that have been here awhile and proven themselves trustworthy.

Or you can leave it as is. It was just a suggestion after all. I'm a member of another site that has around 50 ranks, none of which mean a damn thing(just how long you've been there), so it's your call.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Alright, I think I got "ranks" and "groups" figured out (for the most part), it's a fucking spider web but whatevs. Through these is how we can give custom titles if so wished, but don't expect that soon, many kinks to test and work out. Now Slaughter, you said: Also, if you want to actually make something of the site, you might consider making charter mean something other than "hey, we like you and you've been around awhile." What exactly do you mean by that? Through ranks, groups and permissions, we can make it like before where you or another member are the only ones to be the "Calendar Guy" with access to that. Havok is the Radio Guy and can only post threads on the Radio Show forum, whatever. But Charter Member has always just been a badge of honor saying you've been a great contributing member and you're awesome type of deal. Just curious what you thought? I get the idea of special perks or summat, but I'm not seeing what it would be on a site like ours, a straight message board, that is all encompassing and not a business or providing a service.
Maybe just a board only viewable by charter members. Could have shit like a trade section or something where you'd want only people that have been here awhile and proven themselves trustworthy.

Or you can leave it as is. It was just a suggestion after all. I'm a member of another site that has around 50 ranks, none of which mean a damn thing(just how long you've been there), so it's your call.
I getcha. And we can do things like that, absolutely. But we gotta make sure it doesn't become too cliquey, is my main reservations. (I say as an admin, part of it's own group, who have their own convos and shiz, but don't think any of it is fun or glamorous).
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

What do we want to do with the color scheme? I put the gray in as a temp thing.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I'm liking the grey, but it is a little...bland. Maybe, if possible, I can give it a concrete texture like a headstone? Maybe a little moss and some minor blood splats? I assume it would be rotating like the old swirly marble stuff.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

If you want to add image backgrounds, you have to download a program to your computer, save your custom images to said program, and manually upload them to this site and find where you want to plug them in at.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

So it's possible, just a pain in the ass?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Every. Single. Thing. Is a pain in the ass. This is an even bigger one. :p
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

FOO: "All you gotta do is... it just takes 5 hours!... You lazy fucks!"
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I made an edit of your old siggy, Reign.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Never seen it, esquire.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

So? :p
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

A Charter board can be added as a perk. Seems sensible.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:So? :p
For a guy that says he can make better movies with his phone, I suggest watching this one at least.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:A Charter board can be added as a perk. Seems sensible.
Why?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:A Charter board can be added as a perk. Seems sensible.
Why?
Just makes Charter something special. Not sure what else you can give them. Aside from read access to our admin board.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Is there any way to change that "Online" Miss America sash to just words under an avatar like we used to have. Just a teeny thing but maybe somewhere down the to do list? It just doesn't feel very horror. More like craft website. :P