Ranting

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Ranting

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I hate exams. No, I hate exams that require written answers with a minimum length. I'm taking my second of three certifications I signed up for right now and the exam questions are just plain dumb(youth fitness, fyi). There are several questions that need a minimum of 250 words to describe shit that should only take one sentence. Two if you were really wordy. How the fuck am I supposed to expand something simple into their required number of words? And the instructions have the fucking gall to say "be concise". Motherfucker, do you know the fucking meaning of concise? Fuck me, that shit drives me insane. You can't tell me to write a ton of nonsense, but make it concise. That shit is the fucking opposite of concise. I'm very tempted to just say fuck this course and move on to the next one due to the inanity of these fucking questions. Let me show you what I mean.

Example 1: 54. Describe the stretch shortening cycle and how it relates to exercise.

An active stretch followed immediately by an active contraction of the same muscle. It is the entire basis of plyometrics and is useful for training power. - How in the fuck do I make that 250 words? Anyone that takes more than that to describe it is a jackass that likes the sound of their own voice. I only used two sentences because it's a fucking two-part question.

Example 2: 55. Perform body composition assessments on at least three adolescents. Record your results. What method did you use? Do the adolescents fall in the normal, overweight, or obese category? Why do you think the adolescent falls in this category? - The results would be a very small list of numbers, the method would be two words, the category is one word, and explaining why would take one sentence. Again, fuck your 250 word count.

There's more, but you see what I'm saying. Then there's this fucking essay: Write a 500-word essay on the physiological differences between children and adults, and how they affect exercise assessment and program design. Not happening my dudes. I'm not a verbose motherfucker, I like to keep shit simple. There's no way I'm hitting 500 words for that. Fucking hell. This shit is why I hated english class. Give me fucking math where I can just slap down a number and be done with it. I regret taking this course because of this dumbass exam. I only took it because it came free with the other courses I wanted and I might take on some high school kids as clients at some point. Rant fucking done.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Ranting

Post by showa58taro »

If I knew anything I’d help. I can turn a one word answer into 500 relatively easy. But I know nothing about what you just said. :D
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I guess segue into plyometrics and shit. Lol
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I wasn't really looking for advice, so no worries. I just needed to bitch since I found the whole thing ridiculous.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:I wasn't really looking for advice, so no worries. I just needed to bitch since I found the whole thing ridiculous.
Firmly sympathize as I thought your first answer was sufficient.

In most lines of work answers have caps not minimums.