Beyond Fest, Madman Mondo Vinyl Release (Pics n Stuff)

Anything that doesn't fit into the above categories.
Jason
Administrator

Beyond Fest, Madman Mondo Vinyl Release (Pics n Stuff)

Post by Jason »

So about my trip to L.A. yesterday for the Madman screening and vinyl soundtrack drop, the soundtrack itself is not released in stores, yet. I was one of the first few people to get my hands on it, and not only that, but have it signed by Madman himself and by producer/creator Gary Sales. Pretty cool stuff. The screening of the movie kicked ass. People reacted to scenes in the movie like the die hard fans they are. Laughed, cheered, etc... all while the actual Madman was sitting down the aisle just one row behind me. Pretty god damn awesome experience. The really crazy thing is the screening was free, but I thought that meant if you bought the vinyl you could watch for free. But nope. Anyone off the street could've walked up, grabbed a ticket no charge and walked right into the theater and went on their merry way when it was over. They didn't give it a shit what you were there for. They were genuinely happy to watch their own movie with the fans. I love that. I also bought The Evil Dead soundtrack on vinyl with re-recordings and unreleased tracks.

If that wasn't cool enough, little did I know that when they opened the doors to the theater before the screening and signing, there would be a couple of tables set-up to buy awesome obscure horror blu rays and DVDs. Among them is some completely unreleased shit that will drop at a later date. I was eyeing Two Evil Eyes for a couple of months now, and I saw it sitting on the rack to purchase. I was surprised, thinking it got released under my radar somehow, but nope. It was a special little event for whatever reason and I nabbed Two Evil Eyes (1990), as well as Paganini Horror (1989). They're going for 35 dollars each when released, but not only am I one of the few peeps in the world who own them now, they gave them to me for 25 bucks. Also bought the blu rays of Wax Mask (1997) Ice Cream Man (1995) and Absurd, aka Rosso Sangue, aka Horrible, aka Antropophagus 2, aka a bunch of other names. Scored pretty big on some of these, though my wallet lost weight. :(

Jason
Administrator

Re: Beyond Fest, Madman Mondo Vinyl Release

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Beyond Fest, Madman Mondo Vinyl Release (Pics n Stuff)

Post by Reign in Blood »

That artwork and shiz on both records is bitchin.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The book artwork on the vinyl really pops. I do prefer the Madman artwork, though.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

That's pretty cool. That and visiting all those filming locations. I guess living in California isn't all bad.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:That's pretty cool. That and visiting all those filming locations. I guess living in California isn't all bad.
Has its little perks, for sure.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Where's your belt buckle in that shot?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

have you seen wax mask?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Sorry you bought Two Evil Eyes, unless you're a fan of the film, in which case I'm glad you got it. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:Where's your belt buckle in that shot?
Clearly out of shot. :p
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:have you seen wax mask?
Nope. Blind buy. Gonna watch it for the challenge. Have you?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:Sorry you bought Two Evil Eyes, unless you're a fan of the film, in which case I'm glad you got it. :P
Gonna watch tonight.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Sorry you bought Two Evil Eyes, unless you're a fan of the film, in which case I'm glad you got it. :P
Gonna watch tonight.
I think Romero's story is pretty solid, but Argento's never did much for me, either time I watched it, so I wish you the best.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:
zombie wrote:have you seen wax mask?
Nope. Blind buy. Gonna watch it for the challenge. Have you?
i haven't. but i keep debating picking it up.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Wax Mask isn't all too bad actually. Just a House Of Wax re imaging with some added gore and the killer's hand is pretty cool as well.

I actually think it was supposed to be directed by Fulci at some point, but he died.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Paganini Horror isn't the best Euro horror film out there, but I think it set the stage for a film trope that is dominate in modern horror with it's ending.

Paganini himself is pretty cool though when he starts to play.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Havok wrote:Paganini Horror isn't the best Euro horror film out there, but I think it set the stage for a film trope that is dominate in modern horror with it's ending.

Paganini himself is pretty cool though when he starts to play.
I haven't seen it. But the plot sounds goofy as hell and intriguing. Pleasance made it an instant purchase. This and Absurd are one of only 3,000 made. So I'm proud to be one of the first to get my hands on them both.

I forgot to mention, and I didn't even know this until I got home and looked, but a lot of these blu rays I bought come with a CD with the full soundtrack to the movie. Absurd (I call it Rosso Sangue) has an awesome soundtrack so I was double thrilled when I saw it came with it. I own the DVD and it's called Horrible, and it's a pretty poor cut of the film. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much they improve the picture in the bluray. I noticed they cut 6 minutes in the Italian version, though.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

awesome soundtrack, you say? why didn't you recommend that, before, instead of it follows, killer party, and every carpenter flick? :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:awesome soundtrack, you say? why didn't you recommend that, before, instead of it follows, killer party, and every carpenter flick? :P
Didn't think of it. I started thinking of Italian horror, but the obvious ones came up (Suspiria, etc...) and I know you've already seen those.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I actually recall we group seshed Rosso Sangue a few years ago on the old HMF board. Can't remember who all was there. I think Ava, Tigg, Reign, maybe some others? Were you involved in the session? We watched it on youtube and I just now stumbled across it when looking up the soundtrack for the movie.

It's still on youtube if you haven't seen it, zomb...