October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: October Challenge Discussion Thread 2019

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:hmm... am i a hipster horror fan? :P
Did he say fans of 4 are hipster horror fans?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
zombie wrote:hmm... am i a hipster horror fan? :P
Did he say fans of 4 are hipster horror fans?
no, not halloween 4. a girl walks home alone at night. but he also said he liked the film, and doesn't come across hipster-like, so i don't know.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:and they mention a girl walks home alone at night, which i plan to watch next. cool. :P
Did ya like it? I remember digging it when a watched it, I think, two years ago.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jmac Attack wrote:
zombie wrote:and they mention a girl walks home alone at night, which i plan to watch next. cool. :P
Did ya like it? I remember digging it when a watched it, I think, two years ago.
oh, this wasn't my first time watching. i like it a lot. too bad about the bad batch (her follow up)though. :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

zombie wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
oh, this wasn't my first time watching. i like it a lot. too bad about the bad batch (her follow up)though. :P
Ahhh... haven't see that one. I need to watch A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, again. Amber just told me we really enjoyed it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
it's probably on shudder, if you have that. i don't think they can play joe bob movies unless they have the movie rights to stream, separately.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

There's a little under 30 minutes left in this film, but I don't know how you can top what is happening during this ending. I was gonna say it, but that would ruin the surprise. I love the absurdness of this fucking movie.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote:There's a little under 30 minutes left in this film, but I don't know how you can top what is happening during this ending. I was gonna say it, but that would ruin the surprise. I love the absurdness of this fucking movie.
circus kane, or something you haven't listed yet?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

darcy likes season of the witch, better than the original halloween... but she also thinks h20 is the best of the whole series... i'm not sure what to do with this info. :P
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

zombie wrote:
Havok wrote:There's a little under 30 minutes left in this film, but I don't know how you can top what is happening during this ending. I was gonna say it, but that would ruin the surprise. I love the absurdness of this fucking movie.
Yakuza Apocalypse
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote:
zombie wrote:
Yakuza Apocalypse
will keep a look for it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:darcy likes season of the witch, better than the original halloween... but she also thinks h20 is the best of the whole series... i'm not sure what to do with this info. :P
Darcy also thinks the remake of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is better than the original, so...the plastic is finally effecting her braincells :P
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

zombie wrote:
Havok wrote:
zombie wrote:
Yakuza Apocalypse
will keep a look for it.
It was on Tubi
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

It's also free to watch on Vudu, which I think has fewer ads.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

2 movies tonight and 3 tomorrow and I finish with 100.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:darcy likes season of the witch, better than the original halloween... but she also thinks h20 is the best of the whole series... i'm not sure what to do with this info. :P
Darcy also thinks the remake of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is better than the original, so...the plastic is finally effecting her braincells :P
She has weird tastes and she looks like she was created in a basement laboratory but at least she is a real horror fan
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:
She has weird tastes and she looks like she was created in a basement laboratory but at least she is a real horror fan
I'd still hit it tho.............
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Dream Warriors
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

anyone with shudder that hasn't seen the hootenanny yet, has to watch halloween 5 for darcy as tom atkins alone. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I have more Blobly movies to watch than Halloween 5, tbh. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/