Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:How in the blue fuck do I not see anyone (not just here) mentioning Sansa pulling a fucking Kanye on her own brother? It’s kinda sorta cool that you’re becoming the first chosen King and all, but…
The only way to rectify that non-sense is for Bran to lay it down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2di69 ... u.be&t=110 No dice, god damnit.

Grade: F.
Don't know who Kanye is, or what that means, so can't comment.
I’m just being a smart ass in that Bran was having his moment and she had to make sure to pump the brakes on it. And of course claim the biggest piece of land for her own. I was warming up to her character towards the end, with that you could throw her back in the should-have-been-ganked pile.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking when he burned it down, lol. Well, before it gets into the Foucaldian paragraph, but the fact that he was intelligently reacting to it all, and killing the symbol of the power that continuously corrupts (i.e. that throne).
That was the only other thing I really didn't like about the finale. Not Drogon burning the throne, dig the symbolism, but how it played out like a cartoon would. And then Drogon fucking flies off with her, memes were writing themselves the second that was on the page.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:How in the blue fuck do I not see anyone (not just here) mentioning Sansa pulling a fucking Kanye on her own brother? It’s kinda sorta cool that you’re becoming the first chosen King and all, but…
The only way to rectify that non-sense is for Bran to lay it down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2di69 ... u.be&t=110 No dice, god damnit.

Bran is trash. Sansa got a good deal but she should have pushed for the throne.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

All the men were emasculated in the last season, just pawns in the schemes of Dany, Cersei and the Stark girls
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Head, you seemed most annoyed. What were you hoping for apart from more episodes?
Characters moving the story along in a natural way. I was mostly satisfied with where everyone ended up, but their actions felt mostly inconsequential. Jon telling the Stark sisters about his lineage was the only thing that seemed to move the narrative along, and in the end it was just what was needed to rationalize a really poorly executed heel turn for Dany. There was no Walter White-ification in this. You could justify everything she did up until the moment she turns into a tyrant. Didn't buy it.

Maybe Season 7 was where that development should have been taking place though. This season was always going to be battles and final interactions between characters, the pieces needed to be moving earlier.
That seems mostly on point with how I feel about the last couple seasons. And yeah, I could see Dany wrecking a good amount of havoc in her tantrum, but going into mowing down all the women and children in the streets and shiz, nah. But they wanted to go big, probably should have told HBO to pocket a quarter mill or so and went a more intimate route.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:All the men were emasculated in the last season, just pawns in the schemes of Dany, Cersei and the Stark girls
Bronn, brah. But mostly sitting by his lonesome.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:

Bran is trash. Sansa got a good deal but she should have pushed for the throne.
I guess your boy Baelish skipped that lesson while he was cucking it up with the fossil broads all the time.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

D, you gonna do your awards list?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Anyone got a favorite episode?

I think Battle of the Bastards for me. People talk about the transition between the GRRM stuff to where it went, but the show definitely went downhill when it left a Ramsay-sized hole in all our hearts.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Think it’s about stealing thunder and being a douche. The whole “North going solo” but was a bit cringe.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:Same goes for Bran becoming king. If you check around the internet, you'll see tons of people who were predicting him being the ruler in the end. Why? The books, not the show. It was just another failing of the writers to not include anything that really hinted at where he was headed. The line "why do you think I came all this way" was fucking terrible, though, and the main reason I think most people are pissed about this turn of events. That line doesn't fit with anything that was said before in the show, so it is really confusing and out of place.
That line did kind of raise an eyebrow. Also am I the only who feels like I'm missing something when Jon tells Bran "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me" and Bran says "You were exactly where you were supposed to be"?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote:D, you gonna do your awards list?
For what? A single show? :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:Anyone got a favorite episode?

I think Battle of the Bastards for me. People talk about the transition between the GRRM stuff to where it went, but the show definitely went downhill when it left a Ramsay-sized hole in all our hearts.
Blackwater, Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome are all excellent.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Also loved the one where Cersei took out everyone like the baddie she is. Season 6 was mostly boring, then you get Battle of the Bastards and that epic-ness.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:All the men were emasculated in the last season, just pawns in the schemes of Dany, Cersei and the Stark girls
Bronn, brah. But mostly sitting by his lonesome.
Guy just stayed winning.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Hardhome is easily my favorite episode. Night King staring Jon down while raising the dead is possibly my favorite moment of the series.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Top 5 power moves made on the show?

#1 to me is easily Cersei taking out the Tyrells, the High Scepter etc. with wildfire. Stannis taking out his brother another one that probably ends up in my top 5. Thinking of others.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:D, you gonna do your awards list?
For what? A single show? :P
I was thinking overall but you can breakdown from there if so inclined.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:Top 5 power moves made on the show?

#1 to me is easily Cersei taking out the Tyrells, the High Scepter etc. with wildfire. Stannis taking out his brother another one that probably ends up in my top 5. Thinking of others.
You looking for more like a single incident? As I would think the High Sparrow's ascent to power would be up there, but that was more gradual where it was like one episode that hit to say this motherfucker is now gonna be a bitch to get rid of.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I think it’s hard to remember episodes. Possibly because of how extended the watch was.