Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by showa58taro »

I have been thinking about this as well. The Dany thing. And what saved that a bit (although I also think they overplayed how badly Missandei dying affected her) was actually Tyrion in the finale talking about the tyrannical side before this season. The burning of various people, the treatment ofvskavers etc. it was always there as an uncomfortable necessity and this was justified the same. It did make me think that maybe the descent started earlier but I justified it as the descent I was ok with, when I shouldn’t have been.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It was rushed and not well planned out to many things not explained enough.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

A meme I read...

Drogo went east.
Arya went west.
Jon went north.
The show went south.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

showa58taro wrote:I have been thinking about this as well. The Dany thing. And what saved that a bit (although I also think they overplayed how badly Missandei dying affected her) was actually Tyrion in the finale talking about the tyrannical side before this season. The burning of various people, the treatment ofvskavers etc. it was always there as an uncomfortable necessity and this was justified the same. It did make me think that maybe the descent started earlier but I justified it as the descent I was ok with, when I shouldn’t have been.
Pretty much. She was that great white female hope leading so many minorities, so of course no one wanted to see her as the bad guy :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I have been thinking about this as well. The Dany thing. And what saved that a bit (although I also think they overplayed how badly Missandei dying affected her) was actually Tyrion in the finale talking about the tyrannical side before this season. The burning of various people, the treatment ofvskavers etc. it was always there as an uncomfortable necessity and this was justified the same. It did make me think that maybe the descent started earlier but I justified it as the descent I was ok with, when I shouldn’t have been.
Pretty much. She was that great white female hope leading so many minorities, so of course no one wanted to see her as the bad guy :P
Tsk, tsk, she didn’t check all the boxes, she was always turning heel.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Dany was always going to go bad, that was a given. Why people are surprised, I don't know. The only problem with it is how sudden it was. She's always had those "burn 'em all" moments, but(almost) always ended up doing the right thing in the end. Then she just suddenly said fuck it. Why? Missandei's death? Jon not wanting to bang his aunt? Those are about the only two things I can think of that could have set her off, but neither are particularly bad when compared to other shit she's been through. There just wasn't any build up to her going full Mad Queen. Just one or two episodes showing her building towards it would have made all the difference.

Same goes for Bran becoming king. If you check around the internet, you'll see tons of people who were predicting him being the ruler in the end. Why? The books, not the show. It was just another failing of the writers to not include anything that really hinted at where he was headed. The line "why do you think I came all this way" was fucking terrible, though, and the main reason I think most people are pissed about this turn of events. That line doesn't fit with anything that was said before in the show, so it is really confusing and out of place. Again, a simple change of that one line, and the addition of one or two episodes to build towards him getting the throne would have changed everything for the better.

Basically, the whole damn thing was too short, but especially this last season. Dozens of characters from the book never even made it to the show, entire plotlines were never even mentioned(see Varys's whole damn reason for existing), while other characters were given more prominence(see everything Bronn), and some changed almost completely(see Little Finger), so them cutting shit at the end shouldn't be surprising, but it's fucking annoying. It was a great show with a rushed ending. If it weren't for that, it would have been brilliant all around, even with all the shit different from the books.

Also, alot of people(in general, not here) seem to think everyone should have had a happy(read: hollywood) ending. Those people can fuck right off. They must have not watched the same show I did for the last eight years if they think this shit was gonna end with fucking rainbows and dancing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Saw this twitter post that said tyrion walked through a wide open space to the pile of rubble where cersi and jaime were that said 3 steps this way and you both would be fine. Of course jaime would still be dead but still funny
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I sure didn't expect a happy ending, but yeah the general public seemed to want one, holy fuck. When I found out how short this season would be, and seeing how short last season was, I knew a ton of subplots were probably going to fall by the wayside, which of course were plots no one gave a fuck about, but now there's memes pulling them up and going "but what about...!" and all that shit. Hell, while I saw Mad Dany coming many seasons ago, I didn't think they'd do it due to the amount of episodes, so I even said goodbye to that. But then they did it, and I'm like..."with one episode left guys...this should've been a season finale, and had a whole season to play with her gone mad tyrant...her turning on a dime like that would've been a great season finale cliffhanger." But oh well, we got what we got. It does creep the show down on my top 10 list I just made a little bit :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

This season though confusing by the decision making that I am disappointed by won't knock it out of my favorite show spot the body of work is just to impressive
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Sorry guys. It's my fault. Somehow I knew it would happen, I should've waited to watch it after it ended. I am a curse. Is it a coincidence I get into the show and suddenly the new stuff is shat on by fans? :P It's like how I've never managed to vote for a winning President ;)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Please vote Biden, D.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I won't claim I saw it coming before this season, but I've been wanting her dead for so long.

Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lol. Awesome.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lol
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

How in the blue fuck do I not see anyone (not just here) mentioning Sansa pulling a fucking Kanye on her own brother? It’s kinda sorta cool that you’re becoming the first chosen King and all, but…
The only way to rectify that non-sense is for Bran to lay it down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2di69 ... u.be&t=110 No dice, god damnit.

Grade: F.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Reign in Blood wrote:How in the blue fuck do I not see anyone (not just here) mentioning Sansa pulling a fucking Kanye on her own brother? It’s kinda sorta cool that you’re becoming the first chosen King and all, but…
The only way to rectify that non-sense is for Bran to lay it down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2di69 ... u.be&t=110 No dice, god damnit.

Grade: F.
Don't know who Kanye is, or what that means, so can't comment.