Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Oh, and the Unsullied going to Naath is hilarious if you've read the books. They'll all die once they get there because of a plague that kills anyone not native to the isle. Good job guys! Also, the memes are already coming out in droves.

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I stopped reading the books somewhere after book 2 because I didn't want to spoil the show but now I know I need to start over and try and forget how they fucked this thing up. Appalling :x
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

But wouldn't the Unsullied going to Naath be a twist similar to no one telling them that the Nightswatch means nothing, allowing Jon to roam free? That's what I got from it.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The whole unsullied thing is stupid Jon going to the wall is stupid Bronn getting Highgarden is stupid. It's hideous what they did to this thing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:But wouldn't the Unsullied going to Naath be a twist similar to no one telling them that the Nightswatch means nothing, allowing Jon to roam free? That's what I got from it.
The Naath thing is never brought up in the show, so it's probably meant as a "peaceful" end to their story, since all we know about it is what Missandei said. In the show, it's just a way to end Grey Worm's arc. In the books, Grey Worm and Missandei aren't a thing, and there's the whole plague thing, so I doubt they end up there. As for Jon and the Night Watch, Grey Worm probably thinks it's a punishment, which is why he is ok with it, but in reality, it's not for Jon, so he gets a sort of happy ending. Dunno if they were trying for anything else with either of these.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:But wouldn't the Unsullied going to Naath be a twist similar to no one telling them that the Nightswatch means nothing, allowing Jon to roam free? That's what I got from it.
The Naath thing is never brought up in the show, so it's probably meant as a "peaceful" end to their story, since all we know about it is what Missandei said. In the show, it's just a way to end Grey Worm's arc. In the books, Grey Worm and Missandei aren't a thing, and there's the whole plague thing, so I doubt they end up there. As for Jon and the Night Watch, Grey Worm probably thinks it's a punishment, which is why he is ok with it, but in reality, it's not for Jon, so he gets a sort of happy ending. Dunno if they were trying for anything else with either of these.
Why is there still a Nights Watch anymore anyway and who's going to fix the giant fucking hole in the wall that was big enough for an entire army to walk through
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The letters Varys were writing is that just never brought up again?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:Why is there still a Nights Watch anymore anyway and who's going to fix the giant fucking hole in the wall that was big enough for an entire army to walk through
Tyrion mentioned something along the lines of needing a place for bastards and unwanted types. No real purpose other than it's better than the alternative for some people. And my guess is the Night's Watch will fix it, though it's not necessary anymore.
Tiggnutz wrote:The letters Varys were writing is that just never brought up again?
They show him burning a letter when they come to take him away, so he may have never gotten a chance to send them.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Was the Night Watch thing not just an elaborate set-up for Jon inevitably becoming King beyond the Wall without Dany's supporters knowing? That was kind of my feeling.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That was such a goofy scene with all the masters meeting at King's Landing.

"Where's the dragon?"
"Idk, not here."
"Okay cool. Next!"
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I’m ok with this being the end.

I felt like the dragon displayed Smaug-like intelligence there. Expected him to talk.

The Hand council thing just worked for me. I liked seeing them go about with mundaneties. It worked well for me.

I also love Jon and Tormund going off and having a whole north to hang out in. Looks like a great buddy cop flick.

All told it was enough of what I needed and I think I was ok with the brevity. It couldn’t keep going. They’d done it all.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:
Why is there still a Nights Watch anymore anyway and who's going to fix the giant fucking hole in the wall that was big enough for an entire army to walk through
There isn't, that's the gag.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Headhunter wrote:Was the Night Watch thing not just an elaborate set-up for Jon inevitably becoming King beyond the Wall without Dany's supporters knowing? That was kind of my feeling.
That's similar to what I felt.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Ah. I'm not good with names, so not everything sticks to me. I wasn't aware Naath wasn't mentioned before because names don't stick well lol. So then it's probably an inside joke.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I laughed.
Attachments
55AFCBCA-5485-4D3E-A69B-BDC49BBD7B82.jpeg
55AFCBCA-5485-4D3E-A69B-BDC49BBD7B82.jpeg (107.88 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

That's exactly what I was thinking when he burned it down, lol. Well, before it gets into the Foucaldian paragraph, but the fact that he was intelligently reacting to it all, and killing the symbol of the power that continuously corrupts (i.e. that throne).
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It made me like the Dragon more as if it warranted its massive size and presumable brain power.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

If you like memes, check out Masie Williams post and the myriad replies. Best one was the one that goes

absolutely no one:

Sansa: BRANS DICK IS BROKEN
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:It made me like the Dragon more as if it warranted its massive size and presumable brain power.
And Dragons get f'n smart.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro wrote:If you like memes, check out Masie Williams post and the myriad replies. Best one was the one that goes

absolutely no one:

Sansa: BRANS DICK IS BROKEN
:lol: