Game Of Thrones

TV Series, Made for TV Movies. Netflix and Chill selections, whatever the cultural phenomenon that is Game of Thrones is.
Forum rules
People persecuting you? Being mean about your favourite show? Don't just take it, lawyer up. Better Call Saul
Monster
Charter Member

Game Of Thrones

Post by Monster »

Jason
Administrator

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by Jason »

Not touching that video yet.

Im only a couple of episodes into season 1, but I had an irresistible urge to do a Bondathon, so I put this one aside before I got too deep into the show. I'll probably restart from the beginning, anyway. There's a lot to grasp in Game of Thrones right off the bat, and I'm entirely sure I've missed something. There are already about 80 characters in the show and I'm still not even sure who they are or who they're even affiliated with.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I was 5 or 6 episodes in when I got hooked and could not stop watching. Went right out the next day and bought the other two seasons that were out on DVD.
There is a lot to get your head around character wise. I always do a marathon before each season premier just so I can remember who's who and what's what.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I got lucky. Wife had read the books and is good with names and faces etc so she could always say something like "that's Rob Stark, son of Ned, from Winterfell" and so I always had a virtual Wikipedia with me.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Only 2 more days until the epic return!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Today is the day!!
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Finally! The long, long wait is over.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Woot woot.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

One of the better season openers imo
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

That opening scene with Arya was beautiful.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Was the typical set-up episode. Much needed but not fantastic to watch. Just gets you excited for what is to cone.

The Ed Sheeran bit I could very happily have done without though.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I could've done without the bedpans.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

If not for the first Arya scene, could have done without that episode altogether.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:If not for the first Arya scene, could have done without that episode altogether.
I needed it to remember half of who we had and where they were. Felt like an extended recap in ways though. Not too much epicness. But I do agree it started excellent and just went downhill.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Game of Thrones writers will be working on a new HBO show called Confederate about some Civil War alternate history.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Sounds fascinating. And of course folks are already outraged about it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Monster wrote:Sounds fascinating. And of course folks are already outraged about it.
It is ridiculous. Bunch of losers with no creative bones in their body thinking they're entitled to tell talented artists what they can and can't create. You want your agenda and beliefs to mean anything in the realm of entertainment, write your own shit. Pretty simple to me.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Risky move though. Much like how Man in the High Castle and SS-GB didn't deal with the Final Solution aspect, you'd have to expect that show to gloss over the worst details of an alternative history. Also does seem an attempt at being trendy. Wouldn't catch my eye.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

showa58taro wrote:Risky move though. Much like how Man in the High Castle and SS-GB didn't deal with the Final Solution aspect, you'd have to expect that show to gloss over the worst details of an alternative history. Also does seem an attempt at being trendy. Wouldn't catch my eye.
Trendy in what respect?

I understand why people would not want to see such a show for a variety of reasons and that's all respectable, I haven't heard a good argument yet for why it shouldn't be made which seems to be the consensus of the internet social media mob.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Risky move though. Much like how Man in the High Castle and SS-GB didn't deal with the Final Solution aspect, you'd have to expect that show to gloss over the worst details of an alternative history. Also does seem an attempt at being trendy. Wouldn't catch my eye.
Trendy in what respect?

I understand why people would not want to see such a show for a variety of reasons and that's all respectable, I haven't heard a good argument yet for why it shouldn't be made which seems to be the consensus of the internet social media mob.
It seems like alternate history shows are pretty common these days is all. So it's following MIHC and SSGB for example. And I'm sure there's a couple others like that.

It definitely should be made for the US audience. It'd be interesting. There's a high degree of risk.