West Baltimore

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: West Baltimore

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:Robbed and gunned down in his own fucking yard.
Wait. That's illegal.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Something I said earlier this week that one of my coworkers who's just as stubbornly conservative as Jason is actually conceded is: if purchasing J.D. Salinger's Catcher In The Rye puts you on a watch-list, why not purchasing AR15's?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Why does buying a J.D. Salinger novel put you on a watch list? Purchasing a book and putting you on a watch list is even more retarded. This is how they get general voters to go along with their bull shit schemes. "Well, if buying a book is bad..."

People wouldn't at all think I'm so stubbornly Conservative if we weren't constantly debating retarded leftist shit. Peeps should ask my opinion of abortion or gay marriage. Bet it isn't what people assume...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

By the way, you can go right ahead and put me on a watch list for buying a basic pea shooter. But when you watch me blast Lunatic Lawrence in the ass for breaking and entering there better not be some agenda to punish me for shooting him because I'm on your fancy little "watch list". That's how retarded it is.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: Yeah I mean obviously mass shootings are still going to happen. You just try to do better, and right now it's a global embarrassment how this country deals with these tragedies.
yes. all of us want to do better. the quick fix is what we want., and seems to be all we want. crack down on tools that are designed to harm. crack down on depictions of fictional violence. but don't educate. and don't work to make things better. don't train people to be more responsible with these tools before purchase. we just all want the quick flashy fix. and then the next quick flashy fix after that.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The book's been associated with shooting, but mostly because of Mark David Chapman proclaiming it his favorite book (and purchased a copy on his way to kill John Lennon, apparently, and had it on him when he was arrested). Apparently the main character is so withdrawn that a lot of psychos gravitate and get inspired and kill. Yes, it is silly, but if a book can be banned in many schools (I don't know if that's been lifted, same with the watch list), I don't see why someone purchasing an AR15 can't be put on a watch list (honestly a probation period of psyche evaluations would be better, but these are just spitballed ideas that are better than just sitting on our asses and doing nothing while another shooting happens).
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:The book's been associated with shooting, but mostly because of Mark David Chapman proclaiming it his favorite book (and purchased a copy on his way to kill John Lennon, apparently, and had it on him when he was arrested). Apparently the main character is so withdrawn that a lot of psychos gravitate and get inspired and kill. Yes, it is silly, but if a book can be banned in many schools (I don't know if that's been lifted, same with the watch list), I don't see why someone purchasing an AR15 can't be put on a watch list (honestly a probation period of psyche evaluations would be better, but these are just spitballed ideas that are better than just sitting on our asses and doing nothing while another shooting happens).
This is the point I was alluding to earlier. A book shouldn't put you on a watch list. Mark David Chapman was a lunatic, and J.D. Salinger isn't responsible for making him one. I mean, how fuckin' crazy is J.D. Salinger, then?! He wrote the god damn thing! :o :shock:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:The book's been associated with shooting, but mostly because of Mark David Chapman proclaiming it his favorite book (and purchased a copy on his way to kill John Lennon, apparently, and had it on him when he was arrested). Apparently the main character is so withdrawn that a lot of psychos gravitate and get inspired and kill. Yes, it is silly, but if a book can be banned in many schools (I don't know if that's been lifted, same with the watch list), I don't see why someone purchasing an AR15 can't be put on a watch list (honestly a probation period of psyche evaluations would be better, but these are just spitballed ideas that are better than just sitting on our asses and doing nothing while another shooting happens).
This is the point I was alluding to earlier. A book shouldn't put you on a watch list. Mark David Chapman was a lunatic, and J.D. Salinger isn't responsible for making him one. I mean, how fuckin' crazy is J.D. Salinger, then?! He wrote the god damn thing! :o :shock:
Well...he did write it after checking out of mental institution :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

*gets In The Mouth Of Madness deja vu*
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Why does buying a J.D. Salinger novel put you on a watch list? Purchasing a book and putting you on a watch list is even more retarded. This is how they get general voters to go along with their bull shit schemes. "Well, if buying a book is bad..."

People wouldn't at all think I'm so stubbornly Conservative if we weren't constantly debating retarded leftist shit. Peeps should ask my opinion of abortion or gay marriage. Bet it isn't what people assume...
You keep using the pronouns,they them and shit but you got plenty of us just shooting with our opinion on your precious harbingers of death and destruction. Any nimrod should not be allowed to just buy and do whatever the fuck they want, the adults in society have said so.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Sometimes being an adult can be fun, Headward doesn't think Jason should be allowed to have a water gun, I drew the line at turret. D, what do you think Jason should be allowed to have?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I don't know. Out in the desert, saying he shouldn't have a squirt gun is pretty harsh :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I literally work side by side with an ex ICE agent (I hired him) He is the definition of an independent. Loves Ron Paul though.

He has told me some shit, that I can't even repeat. But he even says that some guns should have restrictions. He carries a fucking Magnum in his side. It pokes out of his pants. You right wingers need to lighten up just a little. But the left needs to shut the fuck up too. I get it.

We are seeing a division in this country like nothing I've ever seen. Not even close. That's my point about Trump. He is divisive, and his supporters love that shit. Which is fucking weird, man. I can't grasp it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I don't know. Out in the desert, saying he shouldn't have a squirt gun is pretty harsh :P
Somewhere in the middle then? He gets a couple 9mms and enough ammo to cap the neighborhood chihuahuas, which is a shitload. Done.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I don't know. Out in the desert, saying he shouldn't have a squirt gun is pretty harsh :P
Somewhere in the middle then? He gets a couple 9mms and enough ammo to cap the neighborhood chihuahuas, which is a shitload. Done.
Lmfao
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

And an uzi, damn it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:Why does buying a J.D. Salinger novel put you on a watch list? Purchasing a book and putting you on a watch list is even more retarded. This is how they get general voters to go along with their bull shit schemes. "Well, if buying a book is bad..."

You keep using the pronouns,they them and shit but you got plenty of us just shooting with our opinion on your precious harbingers of death and destruction. Any nimrod should not be allowed to just buy and do whatever the fuck they want, the adults in society have said so.
Good. Make it illegal to buy an uzi and see who abides
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:We are seeing a division in this country like nothing I've ever seen. Not even close.
And it all started with Obama. All of it. He was the race-baiter in chief. No matter who was running under the republican ticket in 2016, he would've been branded a racist by the media because Obama set the foundation of identity politics with the democrats. And it didn't work, backfired tremendously. J-Mac, in 2020, when Trump gets more black vote than any republican in the last 50 years, will you stop with the "Trump divides this country" stuff? Simply isn't true. This was all happening years before Trump ever announced he was running. And now black unemployment is at an all-time low!

This stuff happens in spurts. It'll last until 2022, imo.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Bad people are always doing stupid shit. Idiots also do 100 going the opposite way on the freeway.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:Bad people are always doing stupid shit. Idiots also do 100 going the opposite way on the freeway.
What cars and/or freeways should we ban, then?

See how stupid this is?