Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (No Spoilers)

This is where you post your review to be posted on the main site. Reviews will screened for relevance and spelling before it is posted to the main site.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (No Spoilers)

Post by Tiggnutz »

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill volume 1
3. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
4. Kill Bill volume 2
5. Inglorious Basterds
6. The Hateful 8
7. From Dusk till Dawn
8. Jackie Brown
9. Django Unchained
10. Reservoir Dogs
11. Death Proof
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote:I remember being really high on Kill Bill Vol 2 when it came out, but it has almost 0 repeatability compared to his other flicks.
Same here.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

True Romance is far and away my favorite.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Left out Reservoir Dogs, but I'd slot it between Kill Bill and Django.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jackie Brown has made a huge move up my list because of its repeatability. Laid-back and fun, feels like hanging out with old friends on rewatches.

Ones that have lost some luster on repeat viewings: Kill Bill Vol 2 as mentioned, Django Unchained because there's just not much to the first 90 minutes
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I guess you fuckers are finally gonna make me re-watch Inglourious Basterds. Can’t make a list without squaring that away.

Where the fuck does the time go? I still remember my viewing of that and it’s been 10 years? Guess I’ve given it enough time.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:I guess you fuckers are finally gonna make me re-watch Inglourious Basterds. Can’t make a list without squaring that away.

Where the fuck does the time go? I still remember my viewing of that and it’s been 10 years? Guess I’ve given it enough time.
I remember you were caught off guard by all the German and French when it came out. I think Basterds has held up better than Django. The highlights are some of Tarantino's best scenes.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I guess you fuckers are finally gonna make me re-watch Inglourious Basterds. Can’t make a list without squaring that away.

I remember you were caught off guard by all the German and French when it came out. I think Basterds has held up better than Django. The highlights are some of Tarantino's best scenes.
Eli Roth was my only complaint with that high squeaky voice terrible casting
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Goddamnit.... .10 years? Fuck.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

My only ish with IB would be its lack of rewatch....due to all the subtitles. Subtitles, by default, are not comfort movies for me.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

True, at least in the case of casual viewings. I've had Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown on while cleaning, cooking etc. Just some familiar background noise.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Shit, this is out already? Good Golly Miss Molly these movies just sneak up on me now. Likely gon' see it Sunday.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

WOWWW was I blown away. Probably some moderate spoilers ahead, so don't read unless you plan on watching.

I went into this one almost totally blind to the plot. I just knew it was a guy and his stunt double looking for work or some shit. But I knew I had to see it because it seems like an actual movie for a change and not a 3D animated movie or a superhero movie, but the obvious seller was having to see it because Tarantino puts a unique punch on his work that you don't see replicated by other writers/directors. I think going in blind really helped beef up the movie for me as the story unfolded, and it also helps that I'm very familiar with the Manson murders. I realized Margot Robbie was Sharon Tate and was like WTF? Then I saw Leo and Brad make that turn down the unmistakable Cielo Drive and I was like "Holy shit. How the fuck is this gonna play out?" It was beautiful. Everything. I loved the ballsiness they had to totally shit on Bruce Lee in that scene with Brad Pitt that ended up being a fucking 20 minute daydream sequence. Brilliant shit. It's getting a lot easier in movies to see where the plot is going to go, where a twist might occur, how it will likely end. But I had absolutely no idea what was going to happen next and that made the film twice as enjoyable. Unpredictability is what's missing in film, and this movie was damn near three hours of riding a roller coaster with your eyes closed. I loved every minute of this, and it is absolutely in league with Pulp Fiction. This is now Tarantino's clear cut #2 for me. Wow, this movie was fucking excellent (EXCELLENT)...

Spoiler
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/quent ... 202164848/

Horror movie would be a perfect way to go out if he's serious about only one more movie. I have an inkling he's about to sign a massive deal with Netflix to produce content for them, probably miniseries. A lot of his movies have made their way back to Netflix recently, chopped The Hateful Eight up into a 4 part miniseries and is apparently going to release OUATIH with an extra 100 minutes of footage next year.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Would be pretty cool. And yeah, that farm scene was pretty damn intense, probably the most suspense built up in a Tarantino movie for me so far.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I've gotta see this!!!!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Go see this.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Not out here yet.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

What did I just watch. . .

I have no idea if I liked it or not as I haven’t really worked out if I knew what it was about.