Currently Playing

XBoners, PSDruplers, The Wii'd Whackos, PC gamers stuck in the 90s. We even allow discussion of Mobile Apps.
Forum rules
We'd even tolerate LEROY JENKINS
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Currently Playing

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Well, thanks to certain sequences having their own running clock (like the damn Krauser knife fight), I'm pretty sure I won't get it under 5, BUT I should still break my own record time.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Anyone got Fall Guys?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I managed to still complete RE4 in under 5 hours. I see the records are like 1hr25min but they're using glitches & shit. And apparently speedruns include bypassing as many enemies as possible, which I can never do lol. Not for lack of trying, but somehow I'm always a magnetic for ganatos, can't make my way around them, they will always grab me. It perplexes me how other players can expertly dodge like that.

Now I'm playing around in the Mercenaries extras, and holy crap that shit's tough.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I managed to still complete RE4 in under 5 hours. I see the records are like 1hr25min but they're using glitches & shit. And apparently speedruns include bypassing as many enemies as possible, which I can never do lol. Not for lack of trying, but somehow I'm always a magnetic for ganatos, can't make my way around them, they will always grab me. It perplexes me how other players can expertly dodge like that.

Now I'm playing around in the Mercenaries extras, and holy crap that shit's tough.
I'm fairly close to a couple goldeneye world records on the N64. Not even gonna bother registering. I don't use the controller configurations they do and I also like to stop playing the game for a year or two before picking it up again. The challenge is what makes it fun.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

dug out old school RE2, and got my ass handed to me before i got to the station because I apparently completely forgot how to use the tank controls :P

Retried after I got the hang of it again (mostly), but then the gamecube crashed at the first save. Ho hum.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

dusted of my Gamecube Zelda Twilight princess, picked up where i left off back in 2017 lol. The graphics do not hold up so well on my HD tv :P
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Sniper Elite 4. Goddamn these games are addictive, The slow motion x-ray shots are beautiful.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:Sniper Elite 4. Goddamn these games are addictive, The slow motion x-ray shots are beautiful.
Is that The one with the bullet going through the skull etc? Incredible fun.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:Sniper Elite 4. Goddamn these games are addictive, The slow motion x-ray shots are beautiful.
Yep. Love that.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Yep. Love that.
That mechanic was ace. So good in fact I stopped playing it as a shooter and just kept finding sniping opportunities exclusively.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Anybody ever play (or hear of) old school arcade game called Night Slashers? Holy shit, it's an old school beat-em-up like Double Dragon/Streets of Rage with a horror twist, you beat the shit out of zombies, werewolves, mummies, dracula, a pseudo Jason with a hockey mask etc. :heart: Never heard of it, I never would have left the arcade if I found this as a kid!
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Is it On any platform? Or do I need a PC?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I bought some arcade emulator thing with a joystick etc. that has it loaded, But apparently it's available for download for the Switch.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Ooh. I have a switch. Although it is the kids mainly. Presume it’s not child friendly.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Sweetness!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Been playing a game called Project Zomboid a lot recently with some friends. We played on a multi-player server for three days, and are probably going to make a new one in a couple of days.

Very detailed game, big map. I'm not really a game guy, but it's fun enough, unless you get bitten by a zombie. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Hugh Slothner

Post by Hugh Slothner »

I'm thinking about starting the Mass Effect legendary edition. I've never played any of them, but have always heard positive things about them.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I'm deep into Resident Evil Village and its awesome