Currently Playing

XBoners, PSDruplers, The Wii'd Whackos, PC gamers stuck in the 90s. We even allow discussion of Mobile Apps.
Forum rules
We'd even tolerate LEROY JENKINS
Jason
Administrator

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:It sounds like a suspenseful piece. Wouldn’t listen to it on my own as a bit repetitive and ominous. Not exactly music to work to. But still fair good soundtrack.
I find it much easier to work to music like this, as oppose to the usual radio music. Puts me in "the zone" much better. Ambient, pulse-pumping, background stuff.
It’s too repetitive for me. I like foreign music so I don’t hear words but still feel like I’m listening to something with variety.
Did you listen to that orchestra?
No. Missed it. Sorry.
Huh? I embedded the video. :p
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Oh. Man not paying attention.

Yes that is pleasant. Very good music. Though a bit like a take on a classic score bit hood notwithstanding.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

About to try The Last of Us 2. I doubt I'll last too long. I really have no interest but my nephew dropped by with his copy and told me to check it out. So what the hell.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:About to try The Last of Us 2. I doubt I'll last too long. I really have no interest but my nephew dropped by with his copy and told me to check it out. So what the hell.
Watching random people play it on youtube has been a treat. Everyone is pissed. Lol. The more invested you are in the first game, the more you're gonna hate the second game.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The many cut scenes make it hard to get into. I don't like to skip them on my first run but they're killing my interest. I've only played two or three hours worth, so I'm hoping they ease up.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Ooh. I should buy that, looks fun.

Been into Animal Crossing.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Ghost of Tsushima is the best fucking Samurai game I’ve ever played. It’s intuitive, beautifully made, loading time is minimal, the combat is easy to get the basics but just hard enough to be challenging if you try and play it right. Has several ways you can play it (brute force, sneak and assassinate, archery) plus therein there’s a few stances and special moves you can throw in. Anyone who likes Red Dead or similar open world adventures will enjoy this. Any samurai film enthusiast will also love it. Plus the Kurosawa mode is just epic.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

showa58taro wrote:Ooh. I should buy that, looks fun.

Been into Animal Crossing.
Katie plays Animal Crossing all the time.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Playing Fall Guys on Ps4 too. It's simple and dumb but fun. Also, Free, if you have PS Plus.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The Last Of Us
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Attempting a "speed" run on Resident Evil 4, since I've optained the Chicago Typewriter, zoot suit, and the infinite rocket launcher. Ignoring a lot of treasure so I can move faster. So far, getting close to the first bullshit Krauser fight and still under 4 hours. I think I may keep this under 5 hours. Obviously no record, but a personal best for me.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I tried Assassin's Creed Black Flag but got completely lost when the game suddenly jumped from pirates in the 1600s to an office building in the 2000s. What the hell? Anyway, moved on to Uncharted 4.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:The Last Of Us
The OG? Had you played it before?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:I tried Assassin's Creed Black Flag but got completely lost when the game suddenly jumped from pirates in the 1600s to an office building in the 2000s. What the hell? Anyway, moved on to Uncharted 4.
It goes back to pirating. And it is epic.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jason wrote:
Monster wrote:The Last Of Us
The OG? Had you played it before?
Yeah, when it first came out. Phenomenal game.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:I tried Assassin's Creed Black Flag but got completely lost when the game suddenly jumped from pirates in the 1600s to an office building in the 2000s. What the hell? Anyway, moved on to Uncharted 4.
I'll likely go back to it after Uncharted. The switch just threw me off. I didn't understand what was going on.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I'll likely go back to it after Uncharted. The switch just threw me off. I didn't understand what was going on.
It’s throughout the series. The assassins worlds are basically recreations by a computer thing and the office bits are where you’re back outside the world. It is coherent but it’s a bit weird.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
It’s throughout the series. The assassins worlds are basically recreations by a computer thing and the office bits are where you’re back outside the world. It is coherent but it’s a bit weird.
Ah. I guess that's what I get for starting in the middle of a franchise.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Indeed. It’s very clear in 1 & 2 but after that it feels assumed. But yeah, get back in the Animus and go pillaging to your hearts content. The ship attacks are particularly fun once you upgrade the ship enough. I even like the fleets control mini game thing.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Monster wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Indeed. It’s very clear in 1 & 2 but after that it feels assumed. But yeah, get back in the Animus and go pillaging to your hearts content. The ship attacks are particularly fun once you upgrade the ship enough. I even like the fleets control mini game thing.
Sweet