Avengers Endgame review (WITH SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!)

This is where you post your review to be posted on the main site. Reviews will screened for relevance and spelling before it is posted to the main site.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Avengers Endgame review (WITH SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!)

Post by Tiggnutz »

First off this will have spoilers so if you don't want this movie spoiled than stop now and run to a theater near you and watch it. A++ to me its the greatest comic book themed movie of all time a culmination of more than a decade of films with 21 previous installments used to create a glorious cinematic Marvel universe. The acting is superb there really isn't a weak link in this chain and some some of these performances are stellar notably Robert Downey jr., Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson and I could easily add Paul Rudd and Chris Hemsworth to this because they were also exceptional but like i said everyone involved were great. The story/writing is really incredible I had no idea how this story would play out I had some hunches but this far surpassed any of them I thought the time travel aspect was genius.This is the funniest of any of the MCU movies in my opinion especially Fat Thor(how ballsy was this decision?). The effects as usual are spectacular and the soundtrack and sound work are fantastic. Endgame is also very emotional at times. I never teared up :? but there were a few times where I was on the edge and that's a sure sign of great writing and directing for me. It was also incredible the amount of cameos in this film almost everyone of any importance shows up and it isn't forced or cheesy also a tell for great writing. Fan service. I started reading comics in the early 80's and got really dedicated around 87 or so just about the time I started high school and believe me no matter how many times you hear this it was a completely different time to be a comic book fan than. It was just not socially excepted to be into comics at this time so besides some really close friends I kept it a secret for the most part. This movie more than any before it is a gift to former comics readers who will spend a lot of this movie relishing in the direct homages to the Avengers comics. The closest I came to shedding a tear(those were allergies man I swear :? :oops: ) was the Tony Stark death scene but even though it was beautifully shot and very moving for me it was this all of a sudden realization that I wouldn't get to see Robert portray Tony Stark anymore and that hit me very hard because there will never be a better casting decision in cinema again than Robert Downey jr. as Tony Stark/ Iron Man. The Steve Rodgers ending is also just perfectly scripted and acted. Chris Evans is Captain America and I loved how they ended it for him also very emotional because this was also perfect casting. In ending this is a great movie as perfect as could of possibly been made for me. The Marvel universe movies are now my favorite of any cinematic movie chains even more than Star Wars or Bond and I didn't think that was possible. I may have cried a little while watching it ;)
Last edited by Tiggnutz on Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Avengers Endgame review (WITH SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!)

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

"Avengers....ASSEMBLE!" probably came close to getting me misty. I know I've become a hater on Tony Stark because of the constant shoving of him in everything Marvel (the hate started with Age of Ultron when Hulk could've been the one to ultimately save the day by going World-Breaker mode, but NO it had to be the Tony Stark show cause reasons. To date still haven't gotten unstoppable Hulk mode), but this was a fitting, circular, and touching end, and I'm glad his thunder didn't get taken from Captain Marvel...something I was very worried about. Yeah, she's there, she wrecks some shit (she's a Tier 1 power character anyway, so it's expected, though Thor and Hulk are too and should be shown at their full capabilities as well...but whatever), but she doesn't bogart the story from the originals. She's an aid.

Sidenote, I loved that it didn't show her as completely invincible either. She was completely taken out of the fight with ONE punch from Thanos+power stone, something that took more than several on Hulk to put him down (In Infinity War, though some don't think it's obvious he was using the Power stone then, but he was wearing it, and everything was wrecked because of it).
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Could the film have worked without Thanos returning?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Could the film have worked without Thanos returning?
I don't think so. I don't think there could've been a real climax. Just "hey...we did it, lets go get some chinese."
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
I don't think so. I don't think there could've been a real climax. Just "hey...we did it, lets go get some chinese."
The climax would e been the undoing and coming together, possibly, or they unleash something different (Ego Returns! :D ) or a new villain. I guess the question on some level is whether they ruined Thanos a bit in this version of him by losing all his efforts and his character arc. And is that a price worth paying.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

No Thanos would of been a horrible way of ending it there needed to be an epic Thanos confrontation.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
No Thanos would of been a horrible way of ending it there needed to be an epic Thanos confrontation.
But there already were two and of superior Thanos’
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Type Thanos into google search and then click his glove. We ain't gonna see you Avengers fanboys the rest of the day because mind = blown.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

That is pretty funny.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Algorithm-gate?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

If I ever decide to watch this again years from now, i''ll probably only watch it from the Hulk snap on.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Not a fan of depression? Or Captain Marvel going off to investigate super important earthquakes that then get buried for the rest of the film?:D
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

showa58taro wrote:Not a fan of depression? Or Captain Marvel going off to investigate super important earthquakes that then get buried for the rest of the film?:D
No, I just don't have 3 hours to spare in rewatching a movie. I've seen it twice already once online and then in theaters, so that'll last me for like 10 years before a re-watch is needed.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"Not all that great", in other words.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I'm a little disappointed Bucky didn't get the shield. Nothing against Falcon, I just expected it to be Bucky.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Monster wrote:I'm a little disappointed Bucky didn't get the shield. Nothing against Falcon, I just expected it to be Bucky.
I figured he'd give it to the one that was a less risk of getting hacked :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Though i'd expect Falcon to get some juice or something.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Monster wrote:I'm a little disappointed Bucky didn't get the shield. Nothing against Falcon, I just expected it to be Bucky.
I figured he'd give it to the one that was a less risk of getting hacked :P
:lol: Good point.