Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Reign in Blood »

Look it, his biggest gripes to shitcan it are a pubescent brat whose balls haven't dropped and a CGI voice actor. Things that were bad ideas from the jump.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:Look it, his biggest gripes to shitcan it are a pubescent brat whose balls haven't dropped and a CGI voice actor. Things that were bad ideas from the jump.
The biggest, not the only ones though. But how much screen time is eaten up by those two? Half the movie?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I'm going to have to give Attack of the Clones a begrudging re-watch. I feel like that one is a C/C- dropping to a D with the ridiculous Padme/Anakin scenes, but I probably have the least vivid memories of that one, of the series.

I re-watched Phantom Menace a couple years ago when I was introduced to the evil Sith Lord Jar Jar theory via Reddit. Had to investigate. Didn't find anything there except a shockingly bad movie that aged worse over time.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I watch'em semi regularly. Phantom was just watched a few days ago, but didn't get around to Clones yet.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars
Return of the Jedi
Solo
The Force Awakens
The Rise of Skywalker
Rogue One
The Last Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I enjoyed watching this one but I think it’s got way too much random fluff and filler and no core plot that is sustained.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The one thing I have the hardest time overlooking is the Emperor changing his clothes in the middle of it all. lol What the hell?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Monster wrote:The one thing I have the hardest time overlooking is the Emperor changing his clothes in the middle of it all. lol What the hell?
Red ascot was just sprinkles on the ridiculous sundae that was that film
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

There's plenty of dumb shit but for whatever reason, that's the one that stands out the most. I still think it's a fun movie.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

They're just dumb popcorn films at the end of the day. Every single one of them. But it really makes a difference when the world builder isn't there to put his touch on everything.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:They're just dumb popcorn films at the end of the day. Every single one of them. But it really makes a difference when the world builder isn't there to put his touch on everything.
Absolutely. Really no direction in these sequels
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:They're just dumb popcorn films at the end of the day. Every single one of them. But it really makes a difference when the world builder isn't there to put his touch on everything.
Absolutely. Really no direction in these sequels
Would agree there was an abject lack of planning. But not sure there was no direction. The Rey-Ren chemistry and story, trying to find their place and concert one another to their side of the force through sone random unknown bond was interesting. But the journey there was uncharted and meant you could never fit a solid plot together because of the sheer volume of turns they had to take as each director was given carte Blanche. Snoke is in all three films. Each time weirder than the next.