Rant About Family Stuff

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Rant About Family Stuff

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Needed to vent about some family shit and don't really have anyone to talk to at the moment, so I'm going to put this shit here. Feel free to ignore this, as I'm just bitching and don't really want/need/expect a response.

Fuck family. Seriously. Just because we share some fucking chromosomes I'm supposed to give a shit about you and your problems? I should care more about you than some other person I have nothing in common with? Don't get me wrong, I like my dad, and my aunt's not bad either, but the rest of them are just a bunch of rednecks, assholes, and morons.

I talk to my dad a handful of times a year. He's always the one that initiates contact since I can't be bothered to pick up the fucking phone and talk about the weather with him. Well, it's been four months since we last talked, so he called me up last night. Usual bullshit conversation about work and the weather, before he asks me if I got his wedding invitation. I did not, so this was the first I was hearing about him getting married. And no, I don't give a fuck, it's his life, he can do what he wants.

He tries to guilt trip me into going to the wedding even though it's a five hour drive and he's leaving right afterwards to go on their honeymoon, so I'd only be there for a few hours before driving right back. Thanks, but no thanks. I don't even know the girl's name he's marrying even though they've been dating for six years. I just don't give a fuck. He's a nice dude, but we have fuckall in common, so we rarely talk and I only see him once a year, at most. I haven't seen the rest of my family in three years, and this includes my dad's fiance. So yeah, not interested.

He went on to tell me about the train wreck that is my sister and her kids lives. My sister has been in an abusive relationship for almost twenty years. Dumb fucking cunt that she is, she stayed with him through all the bullshit he put her and her kids through. They finally got a divorce last year sometime. She started getting her shit together, everything seemed good now that the dumb fuck was gone. Even got a new boyfriend that treated her well. Dipshit ex came crawling back, so she dumped the good guy and is back with the abusive fuck. Good job.

Her kids aren't doing much better. Fucking oldest got pregnant immediately after graduating high school. She's a nutter, so she won't be able to raise the kid. My dad offered to take the kid off her hands(cause he is the epitome of "family man"), but my sister wants to raise it. She did such a wonderful fucking job with her kids, so she's obviously qualified. Fucking rednecks, ruining lives like it's a fucking hobby. The middle kid might actually turn out ok. She's headed to college, so there's hope for her yet. The youngest is just a dumb, fat cunt like her mom. No hope at all there.

So I get this earful of exposition over the phone last night just before bed. My dad, of course, expects a reaction, but I just don't give a fuck. I don't have time for idiots, family or otherwise. If my sister's a dumb cunt, then let her be a dumb cunt and leave me out of it. If her kid's going to be a terrible teenage mom, then so be it, just don't expect me to babysit. You're family, but that's just a word to me. I know you, you barely know me, and I'd rather just live my life without your drama.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Rant About Family Stuff

Post by Jason »

Is it bad that I lol'd into oblivion?

I think most of us can relate, to be honest. Family is cool, and all. But I practically never talk to many of them.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Rant About Family Stuff

Post by showa58taro »

Quite a shame, but sounds like quite the mess.