Captain Marvel (With Spoilers!!!!!)

This is where you post your review to be posted on the main site. Reviews will screened for relevance and spelling before it is posted to the main site.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Captain Marvel (With Spoilers!!!!!)

Post by Tiggnutz »

After a night of digesting the movie I watched the day before I'm ready to give my opinion. It's below average for an MCU movie. First what I liked. The screen time between Captain Marvel and Nick Fury worked there was chemistry but unfortunately it's not enough time. Captain Marvel looks great her outfit looks fantastic. The Skrulls also look great just what I wanted to see. Nick Fury definitely looked younger and that was impressive. Now what I didn't like. The plot is terrible Skrulls are not sympathetic refugees being stalked across the galaxy Skrulls are a manipulative cunning aggressive race that infiltrate and overthrow other species. In my opinion it's just terrible lazy writing, lets take the universally feared and make it a victim. There is little to no character development in Carol Danvers or anyone else. I really couldn't tell you anyone's else's name besides people I already knew. Some say Bree Larson is wooden in this role I see that but I'm not sure if that's just how it's supposed to be and she was just doing what she was told by a terrible director.Jude Law is a terrible villain if he is actually the villain because there really isn't one. The 90's music was cool but it was out of place and really served no point unlike the music in Guardians. The climax was cool for about a minute but it didn't matter because I had no emotional investment in the characters because of the poor writing and plot. The cat CG is terrible. The feminism thing was mostly pre-movie hype I never felt it was being forced on me but as far as empowering women Wonder Woman is the more superior film. In conclusion I see this as a waste of a Captain Marvel movie opportunity and really should of been added to another movie and not have been a stand alone.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Captain Marvel (With Spoilers!!!!!)

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Stan Lee's cameo rehearsing his first cameo was pretty sweet though.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Stan Lee's cameo rehearsing his first cameo was pretty sweet though.
You are right and the smile Bree gave him was priceless one of the better scenes in my opinion. The tribute montage before the movie was also very moving and well done
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Stan Lee's cameo rehearsing his first cameo was pretty sweet though.
You are right and the smile Bree gave him was priceless one of the better scenes in my opinion. The tribute montage before the movie was also very moving and well done
I liked both of these points a lot. Very nice tribute. Would be sad if it was the only good thing, but it almost is. :D
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

So what you're telling me is to stick this with the Ant-Man 2 and Iron Man 3's of the world. Only watch if you're bored as fuck.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Last Marvel flick I saw was Guardians of the Galaxy #1. And I didn't even finish it, technically. :p