How Awesome is Italy?

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

How Awesome is Italy?

Post by Jason »

People in Italy made a 5-story tall float of Donald Trump. He's holding a flaming sword with twitter birds flying out of the handle. Dudes are walking around in space marine armor with Trump masks on and hot chicks everywhere.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: How Awesome is Italy?

Post by Reign in Blood »

Brilliant. Italy just jumped quite a bit on the Euro-awesome chart.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

The blue one walking around looks like Transformer Trump! Or Prime Donald. BumbleDon. MegaTrump? :lol:
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

God Emperor Trump.

They actually named it God Emperor Trump. As if it couldn't be more awesome...
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Curious. What is Italy's interest in Trump? I can't see a foreign leader getting the same treatment here in the US. This seems very strange to me.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Oh that’s what this thread was. Lol. Now I get why Jason said that.

On Italy, it’s at a crossroads with populists and comedian parties stepping centre stage. Guessing this is like when Thailand used Hitler to sell chicken and tourist gear. Bit of shock and a bit of confusion about the history of it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:Curious. What is Italy's interest in Trump? I can't see a foreign leader getting the same treatment here in the US. This seems very strange to me.
Trump is actually extremely well-liked among many foreign nations, but the left try to have you believe otherwise. If not for this giant float, they'd probably be saying Italy hates Trump. There's a paradigm shift going on throughout world politics at the moment, essentially rooted in Brexit and the 2016 U.S. election.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Ah. I always assumed Europe was more liberal and therefore wouldn't care much for Trump.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:Ah. I always assumed Europe was more liberal and therefore wouldn't care much for Trump.
They don’t. They think him an idiot.

Sincerely

Europe
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

As the other HMFer in Europe, I can attest to this.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:As the other HMFer in Europe, I can attest to this.
*high five*
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I wonder if that float isn't meant as mockery. It does seem a little over the top as praise.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Monster wrote:I wonder if that float isn't meant as mockery. It does seem a little over the top as praise.
Most likely. Though there may be some of Beppe Grillo’s crowd who like fascists and view trump as one. But the idea that Europe loves Trump is very much a right wing fantasy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

You guys think because you live on a little corner in London or Czech Republic that it represents all of Europe? Lol. Visit Italy, Poland or Croatia.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:I wonder if that float isn't meant as mockery. It does seem a little over the top as praise.
If it is, they suck at mocking, because that float is fucking sweet.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:You guys think because you live on a little corner in London or Czech Republic that it represents all of Europe? Lol. Visit Italy, Poland or Croatia.
Pretty comfortable to speak for Europe here. For a start I’ve been to multiple Eiuropean countries as has Head and we have at the very least visited more than you. ;) hard to assume YOU know the will of the Poles, really.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
How would it be that they sucked at mocking, if you took it as a great gesture toward the president? It's like when someone shares an article from The Onion, thinking it's real, but then says they suck. Lol
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:You guys think because you live on a little corner in London or Czech Republic that it represents all of Europe? Lol. Visit Italy, Poland or Croatia.
Pretty comfortable to speak for Europe here. For a start I’ve been to multiple Eiuropean countries as has Head and we have at the very least visited more than you. ;) hard to assume YOU know the will of the Poles, really.
Well, you thought Brexit wasn't gonna be a thing...

I guess you and Head can quit lecturing everyone on American politics too then since you live in Europe. Lol
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
How would it be that they sucked at mocking, if you took it as a great gesture toward the president? It's like when someone shares an article from The Onion, thinking it's real, but then says they suck. Lol
Uhh, because the float is fucking badass? The most well-done float I've ever seen named God Emperor Trump.

Give up, libs. Orange Man Good
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason of all people lecturing me about living in some "little corner" is gold, as I regularly meet and talk to people from all over the world in Prague. Americans, Brits, Australians, Western Europeans, Eastern Europeans, Middle Eastern, Nigerian, Vietnamese...and I don't have to go out of my way at all to do so, just visit any middling bar. That's the beautiful thing about European cities.

Please tell me about the international presence in Hesperia.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.