Building A Wall of Love

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Building A Wall of Love

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:And he’s negotiated less money for less fences. Great going Art-of-the-Deal-guy

Honestly, your mental gymnastics are staggering.
J gets perfect scores in Rings. His Iron Cross is unmatched.
That sounds about right. Honestly if Trump accidentally stalked his nutsack to his chair J would argue it was a shrewd work motivation tactic.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

There is nobody more biased in these threads than you. I've had my grievances with Trump and I've expressed them here. But if he were to cure cancer, you would complain that he's putting doctors out of work. You will absolutely never give credit where it's due in these threads.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:There is nobody more biased in these threads than you. I've had my grievances with Trump and I've expressed them here. But if he were to cure cancer, you would complain that he's putting doctors out of work. You will absolutely never give credit where it's due in these threads.
There is no credit due. That’s why. You’ll recall I gave him credit at one point for de-escalating the North Korea thing. The wall is fundamentally a failed idea so even success is arguably s failure but still. He gets no credit as he achieves nothing.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:There is nobody more biased in these threads than you. I've had my grievances with Trump and I've expressed them here. But if he were to cure cancer, you would complain that he's putting doctors out of work. You will absolutely never give credit where it's due in these threads.
There is no credit due. That’s why. even success is arguably a failure but still.
Textbook bias. Your picture is now in the dictionary next to that word.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Not bias. Just the way it is.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Why would anyone sign that deal shameful tbh.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Look forward to the inevitable legal trouble he’s put himself in. National Energency. “I didn’t have to do it” he said. Sounds like an energency to me. :D
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It's for 2020 not really for border security. Republicans and Democrats 2 ends of the same turd
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I don't know if you guys have read what's in the actual bill yet, but he's getting about 1.4 billion which will finish all of the wall building in the Rio Grande district. But I think the main reason he signed this bill was because of the 1200 additional border agents. What the democrats are doing is kicking the can down the road on this issue until the election, hope Trump loses in 2020 so they can just ignore the border problem altogether with the new blue president. Dangerous move, because the issue will not be solved and you're only giving Trump an additional platform to run on obstructionism, for which he has a serious case and a lot of shit on the dems at this point. What do you guys think of their e-wall proposal? The one Bush suggested during his run and everyone laughed at him because it was so ridiculous. Would cost more to maintain than modern wall construction.

But as far as what I'm seeing, those are the only two provisions that are really worth a damn... the 1200 border agents and the wall funding to get it done in the Rio Grande district. The bill itself represents that the democrats caved. Once the dems won the House one of the first things Pelosi said was that she would never agree to fund any portion of money for wall funding. And not even three months later Trump has managed to secure some of the funding for it. But here's where it gets fun.

I don't think any of us will disagree (except Seb) that the democrats are nothing but an obstructionist party at this point. They're going out of their way to try and block Trump from fulfilling his campaign promises without making themselves look too incompetent (but everyone knows how incompetent they are). This is where Trump came in to declare the national emergency. "I'm just gonna free up other resources and build my wall. No, I don't need your wall funding at all. It's clear that you're not willing to be adults so I'm just gonna go around you and sweep you aside." He's signaled that he's gonna sign their bill anyway, likely to put pressure on the democrats in regards to provisions in the bill coupled with the fact that they are only functioning as an obstructionist party. He is looking at the recent past behavior (Boehner's congress) and invoking his executive privilege whenever possible.

Believe it or not leftists, but one of the powers of the federal government is to defend the border of the United States. One of its primary tasks is to prevent invasion, and the border crisis fits right in. In most cases these people are migrating from Mexico because of the expansive welfare state that the democrats have created coupled with the fact that the economy is surging ahead and we've got an open border! We see this problem in Europe all the time. Enormous numbers of people filter all across western Europe. There were some in Finland and most of them self-deported themselves to Sweden. The same shit is holding true here. We have a terrible border and a superior economy. The way the democrats have structured themselves has signaled to these illegal immigrants that we don't have a problem with them doing this and we don't really want to secure the border. Which in turn makes it an even bigger problem. Some dumbass democrat (I think Klobuchar) said we need mass immigration because unemployment is so low... It's no wonder everyone is abandoning ship from the never-Trumper democratic party because they've gone senile in their obstructionism. "I'm hoping for a recession, because I think one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy. So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people".

This is gonna take time. He's gonna have to battle this all the way up to SCOTUS, He probably wins and probably gets his border wall. Democrats will whine about him declaring a national emergency to get full wall funding to which Trump stops them dead in the water with "if you didn't obstruct me, I wouldn't have had to do it". Which he's essentially already said.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I don’t think you’ve fully grasped the constitution here Jason.

Also Democrats have emphasized they want border security. Not a wall. As it’s hugemy ineffective.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:I don’t think you’ve fully grasped the constitution here Jason.

Also Democrats have emphasized they want border security. Not a wall. As it’s hugemy ineffective.
Stop pretending to be a dumbass, Seb. You are not a dumbass.

When illegal immigrants march together in groups of 10-20,000, just having border agents will do hardly anything. There needs to be a barrier across the border to prevent these people from marching right in. It is common sense.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:I don’t think you’ve fully grasped the constitution here Jason.

I repeat, there is clearly an issue for Trump in that he’s going against the constitution.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:

I repeat, there is clearly an issue for Trump in that he’s going against the constitution.
I repeat, stop pretending to be a dumbass.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Well, another fun day in the politics board. :P