Dream Master Appreciation Page

Before you screamed, before your soul was torn apart
And before he knew what you did Last Summer
The most terrifying name in horror was on Elm Street
CrazyRalphLives
Charter Member

Dream Master Appreciation Page

Post by CrazyRalphLives »

A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master is the most re-watchable film in the series. I can't get enough of it. It never gets old, and I find myself smiling ear to ear on each viewing. Maybe I'll type up a review of it here some day in the future, but in the meantime, thoughts on this entry?

Like it? Love it? Meh? Hate it?

There are no wrong answers here.

(I'm a lot less argumentative on opinions than I used to be, so no fights here if you disagree with me)
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Dream Master Appreciation Page

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I'm pretty sure I've seen 4 more times than any other, so being most rewatchable is probably true. Love it.
CrazyRalphLives
Charter Member

To me, it's the last great Elm Street film.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

It is. 5 is such a steep nosedive. New Nightmare and FvsJ has their moments, but just aren't as strong.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I still like Lisa Wilcox/Alice, and her relationship with her dad, but...yeesh.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Lisa Wilcox crush in her two movies. She's the reason 5 is watchable. 4 was awesome, though. 2, 3 and 4 are all really close. Then it just plummets in quality after that.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Dream Warriors is the most rewatchable for me. Then 2, 1, and then 4.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I'm long overdue for a rewatch.
CrazyRalphLives
Charter Member

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:It is. 5 is such a steep nosedive. New Nightmare and FvsJ has their moments, but just aren't as strong.
Agreed. I do really love New Nightmare, but I actually separate that one from the rest, considering that it takes place in "our reality", and isn't actually Freddy. I know it's part of the series, but at the same time, it isn't.
CrazyRalphLives
Charter Member

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I still like Lisa Wilcox/Alice, and her relationship with her dad, but...yeesh.
Absolutely. The development of their relationship in those two movies was solid.
CrazyRalphLives
Charter Member

Jason wrote:Lisa Wilcox crush in her two movies. She's the reason 5 is watchable. 4 was awesome, though. 2, 3 and 4 are all really close. Then it just plummets in quality after that.
100% agree.
CrazyRalphLives
Charter Member

Monster wrote:Dream Warriors is the most rewatchable for me. Then 2, 1, and then 4.
I kinda like the double feature of Dream Warriors and Dream Master. They fit so well together. I like 2, but it's a little lower on my list. I'd go: 4,3,1,7,2. 5 and 6 are two I go back and forth on, unable to decide which is worse. I give 5 the nudge over 6 because it has Lisa Wilcox and is a continuation of Dream Master, but it's an awful film with some of the least likable characters to date. Freddy's Dead starts off strong, but is just all around shitty.
CrazyRalphLives
Charter Member

Tiggnutz wrote:I'm long overdue for a rewatch.
Yes sir, you should!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I actually think the series starts going down with the fourth film. Dream Warriors is the one I probably appreciate and rewatch the most (past the first one, that is), but Dream Master is okay. Just not nearly as fun as Dream Warriors is.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Kwik Kash

Post by Kwik Kash »

1, 3, and 4 are my favorites. But there's no denying 4 is the most mainstream of the films, from the special effects, the polished look, and Freddy becoming pop culture friendly. Though 3 laid this groundwork, 4 definitely ran wild with it.

That all said, I find 4 the easiest to watch. The pace is pretty fast, and it holds up better than the other films as a whole. Sure, 1 and 3 are timeless in atmosphere and mood, some things in them can come off awkward though. 4, to me, doesn't do that as much despite it, too, having flaws. It's a fun film, for better or worse.
" The best way to keep one's word is to never give it. "