What Are You Reading

You can talk about anything here
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: What Are You Reading

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished The Drawing of the Three it was really really good. Tomorrow I will start The Waste Lands
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:35 pm Finished The Drawing of the Three it was really really good. Tomorrow I will start The Waste Lands
This third book is real weird
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:28 am This third book is real weird
If you think The Waste Lands is weird, just wait, it gets weirder.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Re-reading Stripped.

It's the second part of Brian Freeman's Jonathan Stride line of books. It's not as good as his debut, being Immoral, but it's a decent novel. Takes place in Las Vegas, which gives it a Vegasy flavor. Perhaps my third time reading this one.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
horrorlover

Post by horrorlover »

I’m reading the Harry Potter books
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

horrorlover wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:17 pm I’m reading the Harry Potter books
Great books im a big fan
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Funnily enough, I started re-reading the Harry Potter books again also.

That said, it's more for the wizard rock lyrics I write than anything (because I'm a #nerd), but it's fun revisiting the books despite my feelings toward the author.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:01 pm Funnily enough, I started re-reading the Harry Potter books again also.

That said, it's more for the wizard rock lyrics I write than anything (because I'm a #nerd), but it's fun revisiting the books despite my feelings toward the author.
What are some Wizard Rock lyrics?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:50 pm
Jigsaw wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:01 pm Funnily enough, I started re-reading the Harry Potter books again also.

What are some Wizard Rock lyrics?
Wizard rock is a genre of music that's based around the Harry Potter books. It was most popular 2007 - 2011 or so, many of the artists using MySpace back when that was a thing. Obviously, after the books and movies finished, the genre's died down, but there's still an active subculture who release music to this day (in fact, just earlier last week, Striking Down Diggory released a second album).

Since 2010, I've been involved in a wizard rock parody group. Basically, I'd find instrumental versions of songs I liked and write HP-themed lyrics to them, sing over the instrumental, then release them. It's low-budget as fuck, but given I've never had much money for instruments, it seemed a good way to go.

I say this because while at one point I was embarrassed by this, the fact is I have fun doing it, and I'm not going to waste time feeling ashamed of something I have fun doing. Sure, having a speech impediate makes singing songs for public consumption questionable, but again, I have fun.

I'll link to the Bandcamp of the project - both I and my brother have songs there. Honestly, while I may suck at singing, I'm generally proud of the lyrics I write. "A Foolish Ravenclaw" (a parody of The Script's "The Man Who Can't Be Moved") is one of the few wizard rock songs I know through the point-of-view of Professor Quirrell, and I think it does it's job well.

Also, the timing is grand, because we're releasing another album within the week. Spent the last couple of days working on the cover. Some great lyrics forthcoming, including a parody of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Well fucking A my man. You have fun doing it and you're going for it with the means you got. I dig it.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Dark Tower 3 and started 4. 3 was not as good as 2 but far far better than The Gunslinger. I still enjoyed 3 a great deal.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:20 am Finished Dark Tower 3 and started 4. 3 was not as good as 2 but far far better than The Gunslinger. I still enjoyed 3 a great deal.
I liked The Wastelands, but I read it when it came out so the long wait for the next book sucked. Wizard and Glass is mostly a prequel, but it's good.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Should I read Wind through the Keyhole after Wizard Glass?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:51 am Should I read Wind through the Keyhole after Wizard Glass?
Up to you. It's another story of Roland's past that he tells the others, but has no bearing on the plot.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Wizard and Glass and starting Wolves of the Calla. I enjoyed Wizard and Glass
NightOfTheLiving_Sam

Post by NightOfTheLiving_Sam »

Right now I'm reading A Stir Of Echoes by Richard Matheson. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I plan to read more horror books soon.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I really have to acknowledge the world building in these Dark Tower novels. Really cool stuff and I do find my self thinking about the unique dialects even when I'm not reading.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:47 pm I really have to acknowledge the world building in these Dark Tower novels. Really cool stuff and I do find my self thinking about the unique dialects even when I'm not reading.
You learning another language?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:46 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:47 pm I really have to acknowledge the world building in these Dark Tower novels. Really cool stuff and I do find my self thinking about the unique dialects even when I'm not reading.
You learning another language?
I learned a new way of speaking one ," so I did"
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Personal shit has slowed down my actual book reading but I am still working my way through Needful Things. About 260 pages in and im absolutely loving it