What Are You Reading

You can talk about anything here
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: What Are You Reading

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Wolves of the Calla. Would of preferred the Wolves being more involved but overall a solid entry. Taking a Dark Tower break for a bit
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Started Lips Unsealed - Belinda Carlisle's autobiography
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

After Belinda Carlisle's book I listened to Geddy Lee's book My Effin Life and that was great. Than I started The Hunger Games and its real good.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I finished the Hunger Games trilogy on audiobook very quickly because they are relatively short and incredibly entertaining. Highly recommend
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Starting The Restaurant at the End of the Universe audiobook today
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Finished Darren’s Wrath of the Worm Wraith not long ago. Great read! I highly recommend it.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and the next book of the trilogy Life the Universe and Everything in it. These are under 6 hours audiobooks
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Back to The Dark Tower series The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:32 am Finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and the next book of the trilogy Life the Universe and Everything in it. These are under 6 hours audiobooks
You know there's two more books in the "trilogy", right? Technically three, but the last one was written by someone else after Adams died.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:13 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:32 am Finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and the next book of the trilogy Life the Universe and Everything in it. These are under 6 hours audiobooks
You know there's two more books in the "trilogy", right? Technically three, but the last one was written by someone else after Adams died.
I thought they were connected but not part of the original trilogy. I didn't really care for the last one so regardless my journey ended with that one
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 am I thought they were connected but not part of the original trilogy. I didn't really care for the last one so regardless my journey ended with that one
Nope, they are a continuation. It started as a radio series and the first three books essentially cover what was done in the radio series. I say essentially, because he changed the story a bunch every time he made it(which was a few times before the books).
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:21 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 am I thought they were connected but not part of the original trilogy. I didn't really care for the last one so regardless my journey ended with that one
Nope, they are a continuation. It started as a radio series and the first three books essentially cover what was done in the radio series. I say essentially, because he changed the story a bunch every time he made it(which was a few times before the books).
Maybe I will go back to it they are super short books.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Song of Susannah is heading back to Gunslinger grade territory and that's bad. It's short but just not very good so far.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Song of Susannah turned out to be decent I particularly liked the ending. Next up I will be starting the Dune audiobook. New to this series
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Dune. Wish I would of read this in high school when I was just about to. Outstanding storytelling. Have George Lucas or George RR Martin ever named this as inspiration for Star Wars or Game of Thrones?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Up next Dune Messiah
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Dune Messiah was very short compared to the first book. I liked it a lot though not as much as the first book. Now starting Children of Dune
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Tiggnutz wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:01 pm Finished Dune. Wish I would of read this in high school when I was just about to. Outstanding storytelling. Have George Lucas or George RR Martin ever named this as inspiration for Star Wars or Game of Thrones?
Pretty sure Lucas has mentioned inspiration, among other inspirations.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Though it's taking forever I am still reading Needful Things. Just crossed the 500 page mark with 300 more to go
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It took 9 months but I finally finished Needful Things. I'm going to put this with other King works IT and The Stand in that it's a great book with an absolutely atrocious ending. I would like to eventually rank the Stephen King books I've read.