SJW Phenomena

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: SJW Phenomena

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:agreed. no one should be fighting to make their gender or race be less than another. equality is the way forward.

extremism, even when it's extremism that starts from a point that you agree with, is garbage.
If most feminists were extremists, then that'd be relevant here. But Foo's wrong, so it's not really the case here, as far as I'm concerned.
anyone who wants their race or gender or religion whatever, to be greater than or less than someone else's is an extremist from my point of view. never meant it to be that all feminists are extremists.
Is it extremist to want yourself to be better than others? Like, if I want to be the best or dominate.
dominant as an individual, or dominant in regard to your race or gender above another? and how do you go about being the best? is it knocking others down, or raising yourself up, in whatever way?
Whatever it takes!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:agreed. no one should be fighting to make their gender or race be less than another. equality is the way forward.

extremism, even when it's extremism that starts from a point that you agree with, is garbage.
If most feminists were extremists, then that'd be relevant here. But Foo's wrong, so it's not really the case here, as far as I'm concerned.
anyone who wants their race or gender or religion whatever, to be greater than or less than someone else's is an extremist from my point of view. never meant it to be that all feminists are extremists.
Is it extremist to want yourself to be better than others? Like, if I want to be the best or dominate.
dominant as an individual, or dominant in regard to your race or gender above another? and how do you go about being the best? is it knocking others down, or raising yourself up, in whatever way?
Whatever it takes!
you do you. i don't have to approve of everything. *shrug*
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Whatever it takes!
I am asking if wanting yourself to be the best is extremist.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:I mean really, why would you be a feminist as a male? You should be seeking either dominance or equality, not to be lessor.
Because I believe in the equality of genders, which is what most feminists I know support.

See, here it is - "feminists want men to be lesser than women." Based on my experiences talking with actual feminists active in the movement, that is far from the majority opinion of the group.

As a male, I'm proud to be a feminist. Even if that makes me a weak sister or whatever other macho-man sexist bullshit you want to pull.
I am proud to support equality. I am also proud that I recognize differences in genders that can create inequality of outcome despite equal opportunity.

Why not just support equality, instead of feminism? Feminism excludes about half the people, including gay males and trans, who experience far more inequality than females.
Feminism does support equality. It doesn't exclude anyone, and most feminists are very supportive of both the homosexual and transexual communities.
But the name does not reflect that.
Can't really help you there. Most feminists I know support equality. Sorry you don't like the title.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Yes, you alpha pos.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:I mean really, why would you be a feminist as a male? You should be seeking either dominance or equality, not to be lessor.
Because I believe in the equality of genders, which is what most feminists I know support.

See, here it is - "feminists want men to be lesser than women." Based on my experiences talking with actual feminists active in the movement, that is far from the majority opinion of the group.

As a male, I'm proud to be a feminist. Even if that makes me a weak sister or whatever other macho-man sexist bullshit you want to pull.
I am proud to support equality. I am also proud that I recognize differences in genders that can create inequality of outcome despite equal opportunity.

Why not just support equality, instead of feminism? Feminism excludes about half the people, including gay males and trans, who experience far more inequality than females.
Feminism does support equality. It doesn't exclude anyone, and most feminists are very supportive of both the homosexual and transexual communities.
Can't really help you there. Most feminists I know support equality. Sorry you don't like the title.
Feels like a white supremicist saying he also supports blacks, jews, and hispanics.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Whatever it takes!
I am asking if wanting yourself to be the best is extremist.
being an alpha or working to improve your situation is not extremist in itself. there are ways that it can become extremist.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Foo wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Feels like a white supremicist saying he also supports blacks, jews, and hispanics.
Nothing at all like that, but I can't help you.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:Fuck em'. That's all I got.
What kind of beer ya drinkin'? I got you for the next few rounds.......
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Is Feminism where men lease their masculinity to women to Foo?
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:Is Feminism where men lease their masculinity to women to Foo?
Trump is an alpha male who tweets like a 14 year old girl and crosses his arms like a child when he is mad, and avoided the draft because of bone spurs. He has cheated on every wife he has had, and let's his nannies raise his kids (Melania seems to be raising Baron, so she cool in my book). But that's the alpha male we all want!!!! And then bitch about Bill Clinton. Can we not say that both are assholes? Lol
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Is Feminism where men lease their masculinity to women to Foo?
Trump is an alpha male who tweets like a 14 year old girl and crosses his arms like a child when he is mad, and avoided the draft because of bone spurs. He has cheated on every wife he has had, and let's his nannies raise his kids (Melania seems to be raising Baron, so she cool in my book). But that's the alpha male we all want!!!! And then bitch about Bill Clinton. Can we not say that both are assholes? Lol
Trump is making America great again and Bill Clinton was a good president. That is most important.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Trump is making America great again and Bill Clinton was a good president. That is most important.
I'm cool with that. But America has always been great. Maybe a better slogan would be "America should always try to be better."

From a marketing standpoint, that slogun would never fit on a ball cap. :lol:
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I don't know what antisemitic shit LeBron posted don't care really I will give him the benefit of the doubt he didn't realize what he was doing but it is clearly a double standard for such things with selective outrage.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

How about everybody just quit pretending to be offended?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote:How about everybody just quit pretending to be offended?
Would be swell
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

An update to this thread.
Things have gotten more Stupid almost comical.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"Almost comical"? I've been laughing at this shit for years. :p
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:An update to this thread.
Things have gotten more Stupid almost comical.
Without a link or explainer, this post means nothing.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DES MOINES, Iowa — A Des Moines Register reporter who wrote about racist tweets posted years ago by an Iowa security guard is no longer employed by the Iowa newspaper because he also made offensive comments on social media.

Editor Carol Hunter wrote in a column posted online Thursday night that reporter Aaron Calvin “is no longer with the Register.”

The Register began investigating comments made by Calvin on Twitter after his story about Iowa security guard Carson King sparked outrage. The story profiled King, who gained national fame after he held a sign seeking beer money during an ESPN show and then promised to donate the more than $1 million that poured in to a children’s hospital.

In the story, Calvin noted King had posted two racist tweets more than seven years ago, when he was a teenager. People angered by the story found old tweets from Calvin that made offensive comments about race, gay marriage and other topics.

Calvin couldn’t be reached for comment. His Twitter account is no longer open to the public. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: