Administrator

Re: December 14th 2018

Post by Tiggnutz »

8 more hours and I'm free :|
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

One more day and I can fuck'n sleep in again!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I get to leave work at 2 to go to some girls going away party from work but I have to stay there until 3:30. It's at a bar so I can call this a win.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Don't drink and drive at the same time.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote:Don't drink and drive at the same time.
Never more than 2 or 3 crap beers Tigg don't play with DUI's
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

3 miller lights and an hour and a half commute just about killed ole tigg
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Four movies planned for the day. Two of them are shorter, so I should be good fitting them in before midnight.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:Four movies planned for the day. Two of them are shorter, so I should be good fitting them in before midnight.
Did you get to the Black Sleep yet?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Four movies planned for the day. Two of them are shorter, so I should be good fitting them in before midnight.
I did indeed. Ended up giving it a 7.5/10.

Pretty decent movie with a solid cast (and I do mean solid), I think the biggest downside was that while it seemed at times to feel like a pre-Hammer movie, much of it felt like a throwback to 30's and 40's horror. Not necessarily a bad thing, but from 1956, I was hoping for something a bit more forward-thinking.

On a side-note, I apologize for not recently posting any of my reviews here. I should probably get back to that at some point.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jigsaw wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Pretty decent movie with a solid cast (and I do mean solid), I think the biggest downside was that while it seemed at times to feel like a pre-Hammer movie, much of it felt like a throwback to 30's and 40's horror. Not necessarily a bad thing, but from 1956, I was hoping for something a bit more forward-thinking.

On a side-note, I apologize for not recently posting any of my reviews here. I should probably get back to that at some point.
Everything you say is true I thought Basil Rathbone's work was exceptional in it so I graded it higher
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Everything you say is true I thought Basil Rathbone's work was exceptional in it so I graded it higher
He is damn well in that film, no doubt.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Flying home tomorrow for the holidays.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Started The Strangers: Prey at Night (other movie that I thought was from 2018 turned out to be from 2016).

Not really expecting to like this one (I've heard mixed reviews), but at least Bailee Madison has the Kiara Glasco-feel to her, so that's a positive.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jigsaw wrote:Started The Strangers: Prey at Night (other movie that I thought was from 2018 turned out to be from 2016).

Not really expecting to like this one (I've heard mixed reviews), but at least Bailee Madison has the Kiara Glasco-feel to her, so that's a positive.
It's okay. The second half is better than the first half. That's definitely a plus. When it's in the opposite direction, it's a bummer.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Started The Strangers: Prey at Night (other movie that I thought was from 2018 turned out to be from 2016).

It's okay. The second half is better than the first half. That's definitely a plus. When it's in the opposite direction, it's a bummer.
I'll be honest, I sort of liked the vibe of the first half - about at the half-way mark now. If this is true, then this may be a dark horse contender for one of this year's better horror flicks (at least based off the few I've seen).
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

One thing I really appreciate about this is how it's not just limited to the house and immediate grounds - it's a whole camp-site. I feel it adds something that the original didn't have.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The tone in the first half was fine, it's the lack of content, imo.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Was gonna see The Mule tonight if I had the day off tomorrow. But of course... I don't... Fucking bull shit. One day off a week is not gonna cut it.