Who is Dracula REALLY ?

The classics, be it Nosferatu or Last House on the Left.
Forum rules
If you want heavy moderation, this place isn't for you.
MindfulInquirer

Who is Dracula REALLY ?

Post by MindfulInquirer »

We think we know, but do we truly know ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LgMdPNdsBc

I'm interested in your feedback guys. Any constructive criticism about the video itself, or discussion about the various themes is much welcome ! :)

P.S.: No I ...don't want heavy moderation :lol: but this seems like the most adequate place to post !
zombie
Administrator

Re: Who is Dracula REALLY ?

Post by zombie »

the video seemed to nail what characterizes dracula, as an archetype, and a figure in folklore and literature/film. i can't really see anything to debate or question in that. the assessment is pretty spot on, as i can tell.
MindfulInquirer

Well as far as your post, it's selfish from me, but that's feedback ! Whether positive or negative.

And there's some to say about the Dracula archetypal myth, beyond what's in the video. Some have hinted at the real life application of those concepts, the vampiric/parasitic individual in the every day life. Or how politicians are "vampires".
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i feel like it started as a metaphor for aristocrats and distrust for those that had lost favor. politicians are the aristocrats of today, in a way. so i think it can fit, if you apply it that way. i think it's still just used to talk about things in a veiled way, so you wouldn't lose your head or be hung etc, than there actually ever being some kind of physical truth to it.
MindfulInquirer

zombie wrote:i feel like it started as a metaphor for aristocrats and distrust for those that had lost favor. politicians are the aristocrats of today, in a way. so i think it can fit, if you apply it that way. i think it's still just used to talk about things in a veiled way, so you wouldn't lose your head or be hung etc, than there actually ever being some kind of physical truth to it.
Hmm interesting. Yes I agree "politicians are the aristocrats of today". It's the concept of the parasitic nature of whichever oligarchy is in power, whether it be an entire social class in a country, or a political clique, or otherwise. There is physical truth to aristocrats being vampires in the sense that they literally lived off the lifeblood of the peasant/working class, which people suffered countless more injuries, illnesses, tribulation and died much younger.
It's almost literally Dracula sucking the blood from innocent victims dry, or the most bestial version being an apex predator feasting on lower breeds to stay alive (eat rather than be eaten).
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Apex predator? We got a RKO out of nowhere from our new friend? :ugeek: :mrgreen: