Music Listening Mistakes

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Music Listening Mistakes

Post by Tiggnutz »

Everyone has thought they knew the words and been horribly wrong I thought it would be cool to hear about others mistakes. Mine is not misinterpreted lyrics but on the Seals and Crofts song Closer I thought it was 2 guys singing the song I had no idea a woman Carolyn Willis was singing part of it I thought it was either Seals or Crofts. Also when I was a kid I thought they were saying "Play that fuckin music white boy" instead of "Play that Funky music white boy"
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Music Listening Mistakes

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

When it first came out, I thought "Sad But True" was "Sex Patrol".
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:When it first came out, I thought "Sad But True" was "Sex Patrol".
Ha! That's a good one. One of my best friends thought Aerosmith Dream on was "Green Wizard"
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:When it first came out, I thought "Sad But True" was "Sex Patrol".
Ha! That's a good one. One of my best friends thought Aerosmith Dream on was "Green Wizard"
Green wizard, green for the years
Green for the laughter, green for the tears
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

When I was a kid of 8 or 9, I thought Van Halen was saying "let it rock" instead of "Panama". And no, the title of the song didn't clue me in. :oops:
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:
A lot of people thinks he is singing "sing women ...", but it's "sing with me". Or sing "wimme". That's how Tyler wrote it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
A lot of people thinks he is singing "sing women ...", but it's "sing with me". Or sing "wimme". That's how Tyler wrote it.
Woah. I legit thought he was saying Sing Women.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Woah. I legit thought he was saying Sing Women.
I did too until a few years ago, lmfao. I saw a picture of his original penned lyric for the song when he was in high school. I was like.....damn! Mind blown.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Good crap. I have a shit ton of these. One right of the top of my head...

Angelfuck.

He sings "Did you like the times that I promised you" only I sang it for years as "Did you like the times at the pharmacy".

Right at about :12. It sounds like pharmacy!!
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »