Amazon to New York...

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Amazon to New York...

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:Taxation is basically the idea that the government can spend your money better than you can. In some cases, this is correct. For instance, fighting a war on foreign soil or protecting national borders, or building roads. That is why conservatives support such things.

When in doubt, the money should be left with the party who earned it. As an example, I would rather keep my money to fund my own healthcare choices, rather than giving it away to a 29 year old waitress to decide.

New York has a 200 year history of doing everything for money and power. That is why the skyscrapers are there and the population so dense. They have painted themselves into a corner.
Look forward to. Seeing your own hospital and medical research.
Our local hospitals are both private. There is also plenty of profit incentive to do medical research, which is why private companies funnel billions into it every year.,
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:tl;dr
Well, back to just replying on my phone instead of the laptop. You collossal thunder-cunt. :D
Well, I never!
Lol indeed. Even booted up the wife’s laptop to reply. So much For pathos
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:Taxation is basically the idea that the government can spend your money better than you can. In some cases, this is correct. For instance, fighting a war on foreign soil or protecting national borders, or building roads. That is why conservatives support such things.

When in doubt, the money should be left with the party who earned it. As an example, I would rather keep my money to fund my own healthcare choices, rather than giving it away to a 29 year old waitress to decide.

New York has a 200 year history of doing everything for money and power. That is why the skyscrapers are there and the population so dense. They have painted themselves into a corner.
Our local hospitals are both private. There is also plenty of profit incentive to do medical research, which is why private companies funnel billions into it every year.,
Guess you just need 4bn more.

https://dbm.maryland.gov/budget/Pages/FAQs.aspx
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Foo doesn't. Most of that money goes towards ill advised attempts to turn illegal crackheads into legal crackheads. Liberals run Maryland.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Charity is a cold grey loveless thing. If a rich man wants to help the poor, he should pay his taxes gladly, not dole out money at a whim
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Foo doesn't. Most of that money goes towards ill advised attempts to turn illegal crackheads into legal crackheads. Liberals run Maryland.
Thus it is broke,expensive and crime ridden. Yay liberalism :|
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Still not liberalism.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:Still not liberalism.
Its a product of liberalism the shit smear from the foul turd of liberalism. :D
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Liberalism: the dastardly ideology responsible for horrible things like civil rights, freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:Liberalism: the dastardly ideology responsible for horrible things like civil rights, freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
The good ole days when democrats cared about helping people. Those days are gone sadly.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:Liberalism: the dastardly ideology responsible for horrible things like civil rights, freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
How dare they.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Although folks like to point at amazon because they are so big now, it should be of concern to everyone the way the government has been picking winners and losers, and the repercussions of it.

Read up on the "Dark Store" theory to see how many companies are getting their property taxes reduced, and how it is shifting the burden onto residents. And the thing is, the companies are not even wrong. It is government thinking everyone is the proverbial frog in the pot of water. Spoiler: the frog jumps out in real life
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Guess not.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:tl;dr
Well, back to just replying on my phone instead of the laptop. You collossal thunder-cunt. :D
Well, I never!
Lol indeed. Even booted up the wife’s laptop to reply. So much For pathos
I did read it, btw. Was only kidding.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Shame for NYC. Would’ve been a really good investment for the future. Always tragic to see short term isn’t views prevail.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:Shame for NYC. Would’ve been a really good investment for the future. Always tragic to see short term isn’t views prevail.
AOC was ecstatic Amazon decided not to build there thinks it's a victory for the little people and that's why she's an idiot.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

The biggest player in the game just gave New York the finger because Crazy Eyes and her cronies are whiny douchebags and they celebrate. Will never understand liberals. If you're a business of even half of Amazon's stature/caliber, why would you even consider New York for anything now? It's like you pissed off and got Michael Jordan wanting nothing to do with you, what the fuck you gonna do for me?

Time to move the Statue of Liberty to some place that deserves it, maybe off the coast of Maine or summat so lobster can climb on it.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

You have to remember to people like AOC jobs are the enemy of her ideology and she's not smart enough to know that people who work supply the tax revenue she plans on spending on shit
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Shame for NYC. Would’ve been a really good investment for the future. Always tragic to see short term isn’t views prevail.
AOC was ecstatic Amazon decided not to build there thinks it's a victory for the little people and that's why she's an idiot.
She has a different take on things. She thinks that the money spent up front is better used immediately for the improvement of people currently suffering in NYC
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
She has a different take on things. She thinks that the money spent up front is better used immediately for the improvement of people currently suffering in NYC
And that is the thought process of a moron certainly not someone with an economics degree. Let's see if the completely liberal politicians of NYC take this money they just saved and invest it in the people currently suffering there.