Question for the Ladies

Chance to tell us about stuff in your life, or ask the forum for thoughts and opinions.
Forum rules
Don't be a dick. We all like sharing.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Question for the Ladies

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I doubt you can help me with this, because the women of HMF haven't shown a history of being nutters, but I got a question. There's this girl I see a few times a week, because I eat lunch where she works. She's nice, kinda flirty, but not someone I'd normally be interested in because she's "normal"(as per society's definition of normal), and I'm just not into that.

Anyway, I get my food to go, and it comes in a box. She started out putting my name on it, then started adding smiley faces, and then added little hearts. Again, I ignore it, because I know we've got fuckall in common, but a buddy of mine said to just ask her out anyway because she could be a closet weirdo. So I say fuck it, and the next time she's chatting me up, I ask her what she's got going on for the weekend. She tells me her fiance is coming into town, so they're going to do something. I said something like "cool" and was able to divert the conversation before making an ass of myself. This was abut a month ago.

Now, the question is: why in the bloody fuck would a woman who's engaged put fucking hearts on another dude's shit? How does that make any fucking sense? And why is she still fucking doing it? Any ideas? Is this just some girl thing I don't understand, or is she just fucking with me? Like I said, I wasn't expecting anything, so it's no big deal, but I'm just utterly confused by the situation. Especially since it's still happening after she told me she had a fiance.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Question for the Ladies

Post by Reign in Blood »

I know you're looking for the ladies opinion, but I'm gonna throw this out anyways. Adding hearts to shit is definitely a girl thing, but more like middle school/high school shit, I don't know any adult women past say early 20's doing that shit. So maybe she is weirder than you think. :p You don't really care and weren't expecting anything anyways, I'd straight up ask her what's with the heart shit when you got a fiance, as it can definitely send out a false read. As I'm curious like you as it doesn't make any fucking sense.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I haven't really bothered with women in over 13 years, so I'm a bit out of the loop on what adults do compared to what I last saw when I was in my early 20's. Hadn't even thought about it being weird in and of itself.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Also not a lady, but my interpretation would depend on her personality type. If she is the bubbly type, she's probably sending hearts all over the goddamn place. If she's more stoic, that's a little bit interesting.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Headhunter wrote:Also not a lady, but my interpretation would depend on her personality type. If she is the bubbly type, she's probably sending hearts all over the goddamn place. If she's more stoic, that's a little bit interesting.
She's typically quiet and reserved. It took her awhile to even start talking to me, since I don't talk to anyone more than necessary, so she had to initiate it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

That is interesting. There are good odds she said the fiance stuff to not seem boring or needy or some shit. I bet you ask and get to the bottom of it, you're banging and watching Guinea Pig for breakfast.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

it is interesting that it's something she started doing more recently. maybe seeing you around more often prompted it as just letting her personality come out more because she knows you're already a regular vs. putting off someone who isn't a regular yet.

do you ever catch the hearts on the box thing with other customers at all?
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

If she's putting them on there while waiting on you she's probably into you and being upfront about having a fiance may mean they are in an open relationship.

Or she just thinks you're cool and is trying to befriend you.

I used to put smiley faces and hearts and positive messages on the containers in oil pencils when I worked at DQ in high school. I did it to all of the boxes ahead of time when my shift was slow and never actually saw any of the people who got them. I was just trying to pass the time at work and looking busy to avoid being put on the chicken breading machine.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:That is interesting. There are good odds she said the fiance stuff to not seem boring or needy or some shit. I bet you ask and get to the bottom of it, you're banging and watching Guinea Pig for breakfast.
Who would say they're engaged to not sound boring? What's fucking exciting about being engaged(to anyone other than the two engaged)? As for the bang and Pig combo, that would be funny. I'll have to remember to suggest Flowers of Flesh and Blood next time I have a girl over.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

zombie wrote:it is interesting that it's something she started doing more recently. maybe seeing you around more often prompted it as just letting her personality come out more because she knows you're already a regular vs. putting off someone who isn't a regular yet.

This has slowly been progressing over the past year. Used to never say anything, then started talking a bit, then started putting shit on my to-go box. The hearts thing has been going on the past couple months.

Nope. I had wondered that, too, but never saw it on anyone else's shit. Also, they rotate who does what job almost daily at this place, but if she's there, she always makes sure she's the one to give me my food and will try to take my order unless someone's already at the register. I'm normally oblivious to shit like this, so it's pretty fucking obvious if I notice it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Dream wrote:If she's putting them on there while waiting on you she's probably into you and being upfront about having a fiance may mean they are in an open relationship.

Or she just thinks you're cool and is trying to befriend you.

I used to put smiley faces and hearts and positive messages on the containers in oil pencils when I worked at DQ in high school. I did it to all of the boxes ahead of time when my shift was slow and never actually saw any of the people who got them. I was just trying to pass the time at work and looking busy to avoid being put on the chicken breading machine.
There aren't any waiters at this place. It's just a counter to order, and they call out your name for to-go orders when your shit's ready for you to come and get. Except she always brings me my food. As for the open relationship thing, hadn't thought of that. Not into it. It's bad enough having to deal with a person's relatives, I don't wanna deal with another boyfriend/fiance/husband.

Dunno why she'd wanna be friends. Unless she didn't pick up the fact that I'm not a social person, which I find hard to believe.

As per the post above, it's definitely not that. Also, I read that as chicken breeding machine and wondered what kind of fucked up DQ you were working at.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
zombie wrote:it is interesting that it's something she started doing more recently. maybe seeing you around more often prompted it as just letting her personality come out more because she knows you're already a regular vs. putting off someone who isn't a regular yet.

This has slowly been progressing over the past year. Used to never say anything, then started talking a bit, then started putting shit on my to-go box. The hearts thing has been going on the past couple months.

Nope. I had wondered that, too, but never saw it on anyone else's shit. Also, they rotate who does what job almost daily at this place, but if she's there, she always makes sure she's the one to give me my food and will try to take my order unless someone's already at the register. I'm normally oblivious to shit like this, so it's pretty fucking obvious if I notice it.
it feels like she is into you, then. i kind of question whether there is really a fiance at all. but i wouldn't push it.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

zombie wrote:it feels like she is into you, then. i kind of question whether there is really a fiance at all. but i wouldn't push it.
Then the question becomes, why lie about a fiance to someone you're into? How does that help anything?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:it feels like she is into you, then. i kind of question whether there is really a fiance at all. but i wouldn't push it.
Then the question becomes, why lie about a fiance to someone you're into? How does that help anything?
gauging your reaction looking for jealousy, maybe. maybe wants to ask you out when she's ready. maybe wants to just be friends for now. it is definitely weird though.

you've talked for a while. has she dropped hints at all before, about having a fiance? has any guy come around to pick her up or visit on breaks? does she wear any sort of engagement ring?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

zombie wrote:gauging your reaction looking for jealousy, maybe. maybe wants to ask you out when she's ready. maybe wants to just be friends for now. it is definitely weird though.

you've talked for a while. has she dropped hints at all before, about having a fiance? has any guy come around to pick her up or visit on breaks? does she wear any sort of engagement ring?
Man, fuck all that shit. People just need to be upfront about stuff. I don't have time for shit like that. Why can't people just say what they mean, damn it! Also, I don't abide by lying, so it's not a good way to make friends with me.

No hints, no random dudes, no ring(I check, cause I'm old). After she mentioned the fiance, I assumed her not wearing a ring might be due to the job. Dunno, I don't wear jewelry, but I can see a ring being annoying while working.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote:gauging your reaction looking for jealousy, maybe. maybe wants to ask you out when she's ready. maybe wants to just be friends for now. it is definitely weird though.

Man, fuck all that shit. People just need to be upfront about stuff. I don't have time for shit like that. Why can't people just say what they mean, damn it! Also, I don't abide by lying, so it's not a good way to make friends with me.

No hints, no random dudes, no ring(I check, cause I'm old). After she mentioned the fiance, I assumed her not wearing a ring might be due to the job. Dunno, I don't wear jewelry, but I can see a ring being annoying while working.
i'm just hypothesizing. it could really be nothing like that. i would ask her about the drawings on the boxes at the least.

yeah, i didn't think about her just not wearing it cause of the job or something.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I wouldn't overthink this. The moment you showed interest, she indicated she was taken.

As to what she was thinking. Have you ever petted a cat and it looks happy, then like ten seconds later you are wondering if you should go get some sort of shot because it scratched or bit the fuck out of you? Chicks, they can be like that.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Foo wrote:I wouldn't overthink this. The moment you showed interest, she indicated she was taken.

As to what she was thinking. Have you ever petted a cat and it looks happy, then like ten seconds later you are wondering if you should go get some sort of shot because it scratched or bit the fuck out of you? Chicks, they can be like that.
I understand people less than the average person does. Something like this is just bizarre, so it got me curious. I may not like people, but I still wouldn't mind figuring out what the fuck they mean when they do things.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:I wouldn't overthink this. The moment you showed interest, she indicated she was taken.

I understand people less than the average person does. Something like this is just bizarre, so it got me curious. I may not like people, but I still wouldn't mind figuring out what the fuck they mean when they do things.
i'm the same way. if someone did that with me, it would make me really curious why. people are weird, but i still want to understand their interactions with me, if i can. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Yeah, but we’re not talking about “people”, we’re talking about chicks, which can be a whole other dive into the underworld.