The October Challenge Discussion Thread 2018

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread 2018

Post by Jmac Attack »

We were going to go see the new Halloween, but my mom is in the hospital so we went and visited her. We rented Mandy from Redbox instead. I hope this Nic Cage is the awesome Nic Cage! Grilling brats right now. Gonna watch it after.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Jigsaw wrote:
Havok wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:I was sick for about a week (still not fully over it now, to be honest), and when I realized that there was no way I could reach my goal, I just decided to let it go. I plan on watching three movies today, and get my final tally up to 60, which is disappointing, but when you're sick, and you can't watch movies because your body won't let you, I don't think I had any other choice.

The thirty other movies that I planned to watch this month, I will instead watch next month.
That happened with me as well, but with my Mother who might've broken her rib, plus i'm taking care of puppies in the basement that she took in during my prime movie watching hours. I wanted 70, but i'm gonna be lucky to hit 60 as well.
Well, at least there's always time to watch movies, until we die, anyway. :P
True, it's not like i'm gonna stop watching horror after the challenge in done. :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jmac Attack wrote:We were going to go see the new Halloween, but my mom is in the hospital so we went and visited her. We rented Mandy from Redbox instead. I hope this Nic Cage is the awesome Nic Cage! Grilling brats right now. Gonna watch it after.
Loved the movie. Nic signs on to a ton of movies nowadays, but every once in a while there's gold. This is gold. Stick with it though, the first half is very slow burn build up. Second half, totally worth it.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Woohoo! Onto the last few.
I was going to try and work Needlestick in as my last one but to hell with that. Done with new ones.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Jmac Attack wrote:We were going to go see the new Halloween, but my mom is in the hospital so we went and visited her. We rented Mandy from Redbox instead. I hope this Nic Cage is the awesome Nic Cage! Grilling brats right now. Gonna watch
it after.
We went for mexican food. Screw cooking on Halloween!! I feel like I ate too many onions with my fajitas though. *rubs stomach*
Hope your momma is okay.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:We were going to go see the new Halloween, but my mom is in the hospital so we went and visited her. We rented Mandy from Redbox instead. I hope this Nic Cage is the awesome Nic Cage! Grilling brats right now. Gonna watch it after.
Loved the movie. Nic signs on to a ton of movies nowadays, but every once in a while there's gold. This is gold. Stick with it though, the first half is very slow burn build up. Second half, totally worth it.
Sweet!
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

I loathe the color green but if ever I was to paint a room green I'd ask for Billy Cole melting green. Yup. It's purty.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Ava wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:We were going to go see the new Halloween, but my mom is in the hospital so we went and visited her. We rented Mandy from Redbox instead. I hope this Nic Cage is the awesome Nic Cage! Grilling brats right now. Gonna watch
it after.
We went for mexican food. Screw cooking on Halloween!! I feel like I ate too many onions with my fajitas though. *rubs stomach*
Hope your momma is okay.
Thanks! She is fine for now. She has had bowel problems since the mid 90s. Radiation from when she had cancer (ovarian and cervical) fucked up her lower intestines. They did bowel surgery then, and it almost killed her. They will most likely have to do surgery again this Tuesday. It's a last resort, but her doctor said that it's looking like she will have to have surgery. She's tough though!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I bet Mexican food is so good down south or on the southern west coast! We do have a really good Mexican joint here.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Peter Vincent's scratches from his face disappearing annoys me. Where do they go? Does the sun automatically heal them? WTF? :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Ava wrote:I loathe the color green but if ever I was to paint a room green I'd ask for Billy Cole melting green. Yup. It's purty.
lol
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:I bet Mexican food is so good down south or on the southern west coast! We do have a really good Mexican joint here.
I don't see the hubub. Just more of it. I guess like Nic Cage movies, there's gotta be a good one once in while :P
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Jmac Attack wrote:I bet Mexican food is so good down south or on the southern west coast! We do have a really good Mexican joint here.
It's alright. It's a family run place that I have been going to for years.
Considering I'm east coast and less than 10 minutes to the beach I think we are more known for seafood here. Lot of places on the water.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck *watching Annabelle Creation*
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

I have Friday the 13th 1-4 in front of me and can't fit all them in.
Which one...Hmm...
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck *watching Annabelle Creation*
I was so let down by the other one but sort of liked that one.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Ava wrote:I have Friday the 13th 1-4 in front of me and can't fit all them in.
Which one...Hmm...
3&4
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The Thing -number 90
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Ava wrote:I have Friday the 13th 1-4 in front of me and can't fit all them in.
Which one...Hmm...
3&4
LOL. I just put 3 in. Hope it works It felt like I broke something putting it in. :?
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Tiggnutz wrote:The Thing -number 90
I think I should go make some coffee because it took me way too long to figure out Thing Thing Number 90 was not the movie title. I was sitting here thinking what thing movie is that? :?