Greta Van Fleet

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: New Rock & Roll Band Recently Hit the Scene

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:I'm just generally a Billy Squier hater, I will make no concessions. He is my enemy.
Why, we've all done the stroke.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Also, why is every comment on YouTube videos for classic rock songs a variation of "This is REAL music, not any of that new shit" or some kid saying "I'm 12 years old and this is what I listen to!" simultaneously bemoaning his generation and getting lots of high fives and back pats from 50+ year olds.

It's a sorry atmosphere, even for YouTube comments.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:I bang them all equally.

Check out that 26 minute live Lover, Leaver performance and tell me that ain't among the best shit you've ever heard.
It ain't. They're really not doing anything for me. Everything I've listened to just sounds like a decent Zep cover band playing songs I've never heard before. Maybe it's why I'm not into John Bonomassa either, too much of a throwback. Hopefully they age better than John because he's just stuck in the same dad-blues-rock blandness he broke out with.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:Also, why is every comment on YouTube videos for classic rock songs a variation of "This is REAL music, not any of that new shit" or some kid saying "I'm 12 years old and this is what I listen to!" simultaneously bemoaning his generation and getting lots of high fives and back pats from 50+ year olds.

It's a sorry atmosphere, even for YouTube comments.
Jason has been saying that since he was shot from the womb, the fuck you talking.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:

Check out that 26 minute live Lover, Leaver performance and tell me that ain't among the best shit you've ever heard.
It ain't. They're really not doing anything for me. Everything I've listened to just sounds like a decent Zep cover band playing songs I've never heard before. Maybe it's why I'm not into John Bonomassa either, too much of a throwback. Hopefully they age better than John because he's just stuck in the same dad-blues-rock blandness he broke out with.
Alright, you're gonna get Jason very, very angry, so I'm out.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It was 4 pages of smooth sailing and love before I showed up to ruin the party. You hate to be that guy.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:

He's in here giving a blowjob gravy train to Greta Van Fleet, but says shit like "pizza is fine" and "Italian is overrated to high hell" in the chat. He can take it :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Jason wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:It's on Spotify so no need to purchase WOOO!!
Fund rock and roll, dammit.
I pay Spotify they pay the band
They also give your money to Jay-Z and shit. How do yOu SlEeP aT nIgHt?!?!
If you stream Jay-Z they do I dont.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

*still doesn't use Spotify*

Can't remember, was Spotify those jackasses that kept giving me fucking Green Day to listen to?
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I'm still upset about that one recent U2 album infiltrating my phone and snaking its way into my music library

Maybe I would have given it a chance if not for the scummy sneak attack element of it all.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

What Zeppelin song does A Change Is Gonna Come sound like?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:

I am a forgiving man. Phase 1 of Greta is "Wow, they sound a lot like Zeppelin", and D is still trapped in that phase. I'm onto like phase 3 or 4 where I'm starting to hear all the influences of the band coming through in their music. I'm hearing not just Plant, I'm hearing Janis, Rising-era Dio, Charlie Poole, etc... They wear their influences on their sleeve. Doesn't mean it's a bad shirt, homeboys.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:

Here, I'll copy and paste exactly what I said, and bold it above: "playing songs I've never heard before". Where it that sounds like I said specific songs sounded like specific songs? No where. It's their overall sound and style, which they apparently deny: https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-04- ... influence/
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:I'm still upset about that one recent U2 album infiltrating my phone and snaking its way into my music library

Maybe I would have given it a chance if not for the scummy sneak attack element of it all.
I have never had any problem like that
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

I am a forgiving man. Phase 1 of Greta is "Wow, they sound a lot like Zeppelin", and D is still trapped in that phase. I'm onto like phase 3 or 4 where I'm starting to hear all the influences of the band coming through in their music. I'm hearing not just Plant, I'm hearing Janis, Rising-era Dio, Charlie Poole, etc... They wear their influences on their sleeve. Doesn't mean it's a bad shirt, homeboys.
There is no trapping, I walked by the room, looked in, walked on. Keep coming back because some monkey in here keeps telling me to, but nothing new here :P
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I'm still upset about that one recent U2 album infiltrating my phone and snaking its way into my music library

iPhone?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

iPhone?
Nah was it the free spotify?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

lol, I wasn't active on iTunes at the time that happened. I remember hearing about that. Bono apologized so much for it, it was funny.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:

Here, I'll copy and paste exactly what I said, and bold it above: "playing songs I've never heard before". Where it that sounds like I said specific songs sounded like specific songs? No where. It's their overall sound and style, which they apparently deny: https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-04- ... influence/
Lol. That article is written with so much butthurt. If you actually watch the interview, Plant was generally warm to them and the "eyeroll" was obviously Plant joking. People are clearly going out of their way to not like them. But that has been the dividing point between rock fans with this band so far. "They sound too much like Led Zeppelin" or "rock and roll is back, can't wait to see these guys evolve". No matter what they sound like, they will always have the haters in the background whining about their sound and stealing from Led Zeppelin. Oh, the hypocrisy.

We're living in an era where rock and roll has been dead for years, a young rock and roll band rises from out of nowhere and now people are mad because they sound similar to Led Zeppelin in some of their songs. As if sounding like Led Zeppelin is all of a sudden a bad thing. lol. "But but the singer said he likes Steven Tyler!" Cry me a fuckin' river, babies.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:There is no trapping, I walked by the room, looked in, walked on. Keep coming back because some monkey in here keeps telling me to, but nothing new here :P
You can check out any time you'd like, son.