Greta Van Fleet

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Jason
Administrator

Greta Van Fleet

Post by Jason »

New Rock and Roll band just hit the scene. Let me know if they sound familiar. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: New Rock & Roll Band Recently Hit the Scene

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

They sound familiar because they've been posted here, and mentioned how much they sound like someone else :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hmm. Never saw any post about them.

Music Friend thread, I reckon. :p
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Singer and guitarist are identical twins another brother is the bass player I think
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

They are amazing.....at doing Zeppelin. They sound way too close to Zeppelin for me to get into them. They're talented for sure. But I dont want another Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk with the "he he"'s. Corey Feldman did a perty good impersonation though. Kind of like these guys. And then their singer says he wasn't influenced by Robert Plant, but Aerosmith. I'm sure he's never heard Zeppelin. Lmfao
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I thought the Aerosmith line was a joke.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Reign in Blood wrote:I thought the Aerosmith line was a joke.
Could have been, and would have been well played. I'm just going off what Robert Plant said during an interview.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Elton John hired them to play his birthday party not to bad for kids from Michigan
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:Elton John hired them to play his birthday party not to bad for kids from Michigan
*Ichigan? O-H! I-O!
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Not saying they're not great. I wouldn't want another Metallica either. I will check out more of their stuff, to be fair. Just what I heard, I thought was Led Zeppelin 1 era lost tapes that were remastered. (I literally thought this, no exaggeration)
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jmac Attack wrote:Not saying they're not great. I wouldn't want another Metallica either. I will check out more of their stuff, to be fair. Just what I heard, I thought was Led Zeppelin 1 era lost tapes that were remastered. (I literally thought this, no exaggeration)
I said pretty much the same to my buddy who showed me em, is this a lost or unreleased zep album or some shit.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Not saying they're not great. I wouldn't want another Metallica either. I will check out more of their stuff, to be fair. Just what I heard, I thought was Led Zeppelin 1 era lost tapes that were remastered. (I literally thought this, no exaggeration)
I said pretty much the same to my buddy who showed me em, is this a lost or unreleased zep album or some shit.
Me too
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

When God gives you Robert Plants voice it's for one reason and that's to sing some fuckin Rock and Roll
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:When God gives you Robert Plants voice it's for one reason and that's to sing some fuckin Rock and Roll
I will say this, what I've heard is better than any new shit coming out. I mean, it really is amazing how they can sound like that, I just think he not only sounds like Plant, but rips off his style. That's two different things. Nawm sayin'?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:When God gives you Robert Plants voice it's for one reason and that's to sing some fuckin Rock and Roll
I will say this, what I've heard is better than any new shit coming out. I mean, it really is amazing how they can sound like that, I just think he not only sounds like Plant, but rips off his style. That's two different things. Nawm sayin'?
I love it and if this starts a trend of old school blues/rock than sign me up I think it's just what the industry needs right now.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
I love it and if this starts a trend of old school blues/rock than sign me up I think it's just what the industry needs right now.
Check out a Columbus, Ohio band called Black Coffee. These cats show up to my band's shows all the time and they are fans. Dude .....they are fucking amazing and great guys to boot. I can see if I can dig out their video. They're yound kids too. Under 25. They look cool too.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

https://youtu.be/AFS-Q9Ny6T0

There ya go Tigg. Not their best song, but people love it. They have better.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jmac Attack wrote:https://youtu.be/AFS-Q9Ny6T0

There ya go Tigg. Not their best song, but people love it. They have better.
I dig that and they do look cool