Solo

Discussion of all non-horror films. Oscar-nominees, Razzie-winners, we won't judge.
Forum rules
Want people to like you? Try being nice.
Monster
Charter Member

Re: Solo

Post by Monster »

Solo may gain some momentum by word of mouth. It really is a surprisingly fun movie.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

If you do not see this in a theatre you will be missing out. I just cant believe this movie is doing poorly at the box office.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Saw it. I am not on the same page as you guys. Who lit this fucking thing. Tons of dark shadowy faces and blurry scenes that were hard to distinguish characters in. That couldn’t possibly be intentional. But it was infuriating.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:If you do not see this in a theatre you will be missing out. I just cant believe this movie is doing poorly at the box office.
Star Wars fatigue will be a real thing, like Marvel fatigue.

Disney just whoring out those franchises.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Tiggnutz wrote:If you do not see this in a theatre you will be missing out. I just cant believe this movie is doing poorly at the box office.
Disney put it out the same month as Infinity War and Deadpool 2. It was pretty stupid to release it so soon, really, with no breathing room.

Hell, the reason Infinity War is struggling to keep the same pace as Black Panther is because Black Panther didn't have shit for competition for 2 months.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

That makes sense. I will probably last longer than the general population becuase Marvel and Star Wars are two of my favorite things on earth right up there with horror.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i really think that "fatigue" on any kind of wide scale is severely overstated, by those who just personally grew tired of the movies. it doesn't seem to bear out financially, as a trend.

i'm sure it will come to that, though, at some point.