Favorite Artist by Decade?

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Re: Favorite Artist by Decade?

Post by DAEBO »

Jason wrote:No fucking Jewel fans?!
I do find her oddly attractive.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DAEBO wrote:
"Oddly"?... "ODDLY?!?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOchWYNY5bg&t=5261s
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

DAEBO wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:which albums by kendrick lamar, 2pac, and biggie are your favorites, in particular? i'm curious about them, but don't know where to start. :P
In chronological order by artist...

Biggie:

Ready to Die
Life After Death
Are you sure those are you favorite Biggie ones? :P

I was making a joke because those being the only two he made. Googled it to make sure and SHIT! There was a bunch of crap after he died. Morbidly hilarious.
I know right? You can get through all his material in a couple hours. I make a longevity exception with Biggie.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Jason wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
"Oddly"?... "ODDLY?!?!"

You have to warn me if a vid is going to start out "YA YA YA DE YAAAA..." I didn't know my volume was up so loud. Shiz.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DAEBO wrote:
Jason wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
"Oddly"?... "ODDLY?!?!"

You have to warn me if a vid is going to start out "YA YA YA DE YAAAA..." I didn't know my volume was up so loud. Shiz.
She made you jiz? That's cool. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
zombie wrote:which albums by kendrick lamar, 2pac, and biggie are your favorites, in particular? i'm curious about them, but don't know where to start. :P

Biggie:

Ready to Die
Life After Death

I was making a joke because those being the only two he made. Googled it to make sure and SHIT! There was a bunch of crap after he died. Morbidly hilarious.
I know right? You can get through all his material in a couple hours. I make a longevity exception with Biggie.
i don't think that favorites should necessarily be chosen by quantity or length of work. quality is much more important.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Jason wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
Jason wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
"Oddly"?... "ODDLY?!?!"

She made you jiz? That's cool. :P
Ha! I'd hit it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jewel is easily the most underappreciated female vocalist ever. You never hear her mentioned with the likes of Nancy Wilson, Janis Joplin, Debbie Harry or Grace Slick, but she's easily up there with them. She needs to belt it more like she did in that video. Involuntary jizzery!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Jewel is easily the most underappreciated female vocalist ever. You never hear her mentioned with the likes of Nancy Wilson, Janis Joplin, Debbie Harry or Grace Slick, but she's easily up there with them. She needs to belt it more like she did in that video. Involuntary jizzery!
janis joplin? she has a powerful voice for sure, but not really the range of the other singers you listed. at all. :P
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Biggie:

Ready to Die
Life After Death

i don't think that favorites should necessarily be chosen by quantity or length of work. quality is much more important.
Oh, for sure. At my last knowledge he died with only two albums, so, when listing those two as his favorites, I thought it was funny. Then I wanted to check myself to make sure I was right, and found a bunch of albums released after his death. Which I found darkly funny.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I've seen Joplin mentioned #1 more than any other female vocalist. About as often as I've seen Freddie Mercury at the top for males.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

DAEBO wrote:
zombie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
DAEBO wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Biggie:

Ready to Die
Life After Death

Oh, for sure. At my last knowledge he died with only two albums, so, when listing those two as his favorites, I thought it was funny. Then I wanted to check myself to make sure I was right, and found a bunch of albums released after his death. Which I found darkly funny.
I pretty much just listed everything Zombs should listen to between those artists tbh. With Biggie it's just easy and with Pac I don't think I left anything out either given I'm not including any of the million post-death albums :lol:
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:I've seen Joplin mentioned #1 more than any other female vocalist. About as often as I've seen Freddie Mercury at the top for males.
let me see these lists? i'd have to know the criteria they're using. but there are plenty equal or better voices to janis joplin.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

LOL @ Joplin over Grace Slick. Maybe to party with.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Headhunter wrote: I pretty much just listed everything Zombs should listen to between those artists tbh. With Biggie it's just easy and with Pac I don't think I left anything out either given I'm not including any of the million post-death albums :lol:
uh huh. i'm gonna listen to that stuff on spotify, over the next little while.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Headhunter wrote:LOL @ Joplin over Grace Slick. Maybe to party with.

Definitely to party with. Huzzah!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Speaking of Grace Slick, you bros gotta check out White Rabbit with only her voice. Amazing shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC4GoAH363o&t=30s
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:I've seen Joplin mentioned #1 more than any other female vocalist. About as often as I've seen Freddie Mercury at the top for males.
let me see these lists? i'd have to know the criteria they're using. but there are plenty equal or better voices to janis joplin.
Here's one where she's at #4, but higher than all the ones I mentioned.

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best ... fe-rr.html
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Jason wrote:Speaking of Grace Slick, you bros gotta check out White Rabbit with only her voice. Amazing shit.

1. Thanks for making that one not an hour

2. It was good

3. She sounds like Sinead O'Connor. It's kinda funny. She's better and first but still.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

DAEBO wrote:
Jason wrote:Speaking of Grace Slick, you bros gotta check out White Rabbit with only her voice. Amazing shit.

1. Thanks for making that one not an hour

2. It was good

3. She sounds like Sinead O'Connor. It's kinda funny. She's better and first but still.

Fuck! I meant the Cranberries girl.