Mayweather-McGregor

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Mayweather-McGregor

Post by Headhunter »

Floyd just wanted to give the fans a show, allowed it to be entertaining. He made 350 million dollars from this fight, it wasn't too much to ask for.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Literally beat the snot out of him.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Full fight. Hurry before it's removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOZcarvsTM
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Damnit.... I gotta go to band practice.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Floyd was a total class act in every interview I saw after the fight. Reflective of his legacy, appreciative of all the support. Heel Floyd was great over the past decade but it was nice to see him put his career in perspective. Jason says top 10, I say top 5. Skills and IQ as good as I've seen.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I love the internet.

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:Floyd was a total class act in every interview I saw after the fight. Reflective of his legacy, appreciative of all the support. Heel Floyd was great over the past decade but it was nice to see him put his career in perspective. Jason says top 10, I say top 5. Skills and IQ as good as I've seen.
He could easily be top 5.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I made one. :p

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I knew you'd shit diarrhea all over, but really? If he's gassing at 4 and lasted until 10, he's not some schlub piece of shit you want write him off as.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Well Floyd definitely could have made it a less interesting, less competitive fight if he wanted to (thankfully he didn't) but regardless it was an impressive showing for McGregor. He's facing one of the GOATs with no professional experience in the ring, it's not anything to laugh at. Good showing all around, was good for both sports.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Floyd was a total class act in every interview I saw after the fight. Reflective of his legacy, appreciative of all the support. Heel Floyd was great over the past decade but it was nice to see him put his career in perspective. Jason says top 10, I say top 5. Skills and IQ as good as I've seen.
Easily is. 50-0, come the fuck on.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:I knew you'd shit diarrhea all over, but really? If he's gassing at 4 and lasted until 10, he's not some schlub piece of shit you want write him off as.
Can you imagine if he fought a dude closer to his own age and size like Andre Ward or something?

He's a goon. He knew he'd get creamed and did it for the hunnit millyun. It was a freak show, this idea of a fight. But it was entertaining, for sure.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:
Best in our lifetime.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Only one fight in Floyd's entire career was even a toss-up. Completely in control of 49 fights. The back six of every Floyd fight is the same.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:
I don't think it's that easy to say he's top 5 all time for that reason. Especially with all the talented boxers over the last 60-70 years.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I knew you'd shit diarrhea all over, but really? If he's gassing at 4 and lasted until 10, he's not some schlub piece of shit you want write him off as.
Can you imagine if he fought a dude closer to his own age and size like Andre Ward or something?

He's a goon. He knew he'd get creamed and did it for the hunnit millyun. It was a freak show, this idea of a fight. But it was entertaining, for sure.
I know you hate McGoon, admit he did better than you ever expected.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:

I know you hate McGoon, admit he did better than you ever expected.
I don't love Floyd, either.

This fight is almost exactly what I expected aside from the finish. Did you not notice Floyd go straight for the ropes at the start of the fight to let Conor throw his shots? Conor did as well as Floyd let him do. That was it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The only thing you can pick apart with Mayweather's legacy is not fighting Pacquiao, Marquez and Cotto in their primes. He beat them all, but none were at the peak of their powers when he did.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I was picking Pacquiao before it took like 7 years. I think Pac in his prime would beat Mayweather in his prime. But Mayweather had the longevity, and that is important.