Administrator

Re: Halloween (2018)

Post by Foo »

Laurie of Earth 2.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

That checkered floor makes the insane people look like chess pieces!

Very excited for this one. :D
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I dont play chess, do their positions mean anything?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Should they have called this "Halloween 2" to clear up the confusion?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

People would just be more confused. I don't think there's anything they could have done to avoid confusion in one form or another.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jigsaw wrote:People would just be more confused. I don't think there's anything they could have done to avoid confusion in one form or another.
Not stunt casting JLC. That is the entire problem and it has unnecessarily wrecked the continuity of the series repeatedly. This movie looks like it is really well made and suspenseful. It doesn't need the baggage.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

as for the sister thing maybe it's explained that she found out between '78 and now, and we already know so they don't need to explain it out in the trailers. just a thought. maybe i'm wrong.
dave626

Post by dave626 »

I think it looks great. Homage to Rob's Halloween at the gas station. Instead of the clothes, he got the mask. I wouldn't be surprised if the new psychiatrist, Martin who happens to be British, is Loomis related. I'm glad they got the brother/sister thing in the trailer. Fresh start. Finally a true Halloween sequel, which has two more angles to go the daughter and granddaughter for future films. Promising.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm seeing homage to pretty much every Halloween movie. The bathroom stall, car garage, etc...
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

dave626 wrote:I think it looks great. Homage to Rob's Halloween at the gas station. Instead of the clothes, he got the mask. I wouldn't be surprised if the new psychiatrist, Martin who happens to be British, is Loomis related. I'm glad they got the brother/sister thing in the trailer. Fresh start. Finally a true Halloween sequel, which has two more angles to go the daughter and granddaughter for future films. Promising.
for future films? you think this is intended to be the start of a new series? maybe danielle harris will show up again, afterall. :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Green and McBride has mentioned they originally envisioned a two parter, but only focused on one to see how it would do.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

CGI Loomis will star in the next one. They can then totally rip off the rest of the iconic scenes in the series they missed on this one. Can't wait to see the "Cops do it by the book" shirt in part 2.

Btw, the official title of this movie is H40.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:
That was just a rumor, debunked long ago.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Fucking awesome trailer. Love the nods to the OG Halloween II with the old lady, and the ham on the cutting board (part of my favorite sequence in 2). I can't wait to watch his full random house kill spree. It's supposed to be a big sequence.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Also I'm loving how Michael finally moves like he did in the first. I know Nick came back, but there's a new guy who's doing most of the work, and I'm glad Nick Castle gave him pointers. There were too many stuntmen trying to be stiff and trying hard to be spooky, but seeing him move here brings me back to why he was so effective in the first. He moves so casual, like a ghost again.

Actually Dick Warlock moved similar on occasion, noticeably during scenes Carpenter directed (and looks like they're homaging that opening sequence during the kill spree), but the bulk of Dick's work on H21981 was still stiff and too slow.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I think The Force Awakens is the only other movie I've been this excited to see. ugh... it's gonna be a looooong month and a half.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Foo wrote:
That was just a rumor, debunked long ago.
I meant for purposes of clarity. Three movies made by the same people should not have the same name.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I have a fundamental problem still with Laurie. If we are to judge the measure of a man by his challenges, Michael is gonna look stupid if he has problems dispatching an old lady at this point. The only way out of this is no confrontation at all. Like she spends years training and booby trapping a house, and then he murders her walking out of walmart after buying adult diapers.