Recently Watched Movies

You can talk about anything here
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: Recently Watched Movies

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I gave Furiosa a 9/10, it's in 3rd place for me, just barely edging the original out (Thunderdome at the bottom). Road Warrior is the absolute top spot though, in my top 10 films ever.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Boy Kills World. Dystopian future where a boy is raised to become a killer to avenge his family's murder by the ruling family. Action/comedy that actually hits on both counts. I hated the camerawork and some of the editing, but the fight scenes were still good despite this. There's a scene with a cheese grater that is especially gnarly. Overall fun film.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I Saw the TV Glow. Went into this only having seen the trailer and not knowing what the fuck it was supposed to be about. Turns out it's an allegorical drama about a guy who is scared of being himself. It almost went in a direction I thought was really good(can't say without spoiling shit), but nope, just more drama and confusion from the main guy. It's well made, great acting, and if the plot resonates with you, I'm sure it'll be a favorite. For me? Meh.
NightOfTheLiving_Sam

Post by NightOfTheLiving_Sam »

The last movie I watched was Late Night with The Devil: 2023. I was debating whether to check this out or not, but I'm glad I ended up checking it out. It was pretty decent. I loved the time period it took place at and loved that it took place on live TV. The vintage vibe the movie had made this movie especially enjoyable. I rate this horror movie: 7/10