NFL 2017 season

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: NFL 2017 season

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:Elway has drafted one good offensive player in the last 6 years, a center who now has bum hips.
You got that Super Bowl though. I look at teams that look pointless you know who they are
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I would do taboo shit head for the Orioles to win a world series taboo shit but they are run horribly. It's not easy to be the best. Take comfort in that you got to enjoy victory.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Tiggnutz wrote:I would do taboo shit head for the Orioles to win a world series taboo shit but they are run horribly. It's not easy to be the best. Take comfort in that you got to enjoy victory.
It’s a hobby for me. I don’t dwell on the past, I consume it for present enjoyment. Or there’s no poing in caring at all. It was nice and will always be a nice memory just like the other two. But it’s 2018 and I care about what happens in 2018.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:I would do taboo shit head for the Orioles to win a world series taboo shit but they are run horribly. It's not easy to be the best. Take comfort in that you got to enjoy victory.
It’s a hobby for me. I don’t dwell on the past, I consume it for present enjoyment. Or there’s no poing in caring at all. It was nice and will always be a nice memory just like the other two. But it’s 2018 and I care about what happens in 2018.
I dig that. I tell you it was nice talking football with you
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:See why the Pats don't pay absurd contracts
They have the best coach and best QB ever,
Lmao. Half right, maybe. Don't forget that scum organization was busted for countless acts of blatant cheating for YEARS. Everyone in New England will always have a big beautiful asterisk hovering over them forever.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

John Elway is single-handedly responsible for creating the great offense in NFL history (2013 Broncos) and one of the greatest defenses in NFL history (2015 Broncos).

GOAT QB/GM. Only GM that rivals him right now is Jon Robinson. Hard as hell to win in this league.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:John Elway is single-handedly responsible for creating the great offense in NFL history (2013 Broncos) and one of the greatest defenses in NFL history (2015 Broncos).

GOAT QB/GM. Only GM that rivals him right now is Jon Robinson. Hard as hell to win in this league.
Wtf. Did you pull that name out of a hat? Robinson blows.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

He overpaid for Malcolm Butler, imo. But Robinson will likely trade him or release him after three years. He's turning Tennessee around. I predicted they'd make the playoffs within two years of him joining the team. And that was when they were 3-13. He turned them around. Mariota just needs to improve.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Jason wrote:He overpaid for Malcolm Butler, imo. But Robinson will likely trade him or release him after three years. He's turning Tennessee around. I predicted they'd make the playoffs within two years of him joining the team. And that was when they were 3-13. He turned them around. Mariota just needs to improve.
He has done a horrible job in free agency every year and has probably slowed down their natural progression which literally everyone expected. Robinson is a nobody. You couldn’t have picked a more random name.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

So no, the two best GMs don’t consist of the drunk who drafted Sylvester Williams and the idiot who saw Sylvester Williams suck for four years and paid him anyway...
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Elway 1
Robinson 2

Felt that way for about a year now. Titans and Broncos will meet in the playoffs within 3 years, possibly for the AFC Championship. Book it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That’s great. Doesn’t chsnge the fact that Robinson wasted a cap surplus by signing horrible players and paying mediocre players like they’re elite. Any GM worth a shit turns that franchise around easily, it was no challenge at all, they were everyone’s dark horse in 2016. He’s been completely underwhelming and allowed Jacksonville and Houston to control that division for years to come. To put him above Belichick, Roseman, Schneider etc. is up there among your worst takes.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Tiggnutz wrote:Ask Jmac if he would switch places with us. The Ravens imo néed to dump and rebuild but that's hard for teams with a history of winning
Man......I would love a fucking playoff win.....let alone a Super Bowl ring.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:That’s great. Doesn’t chsnge the fact that Robinson wasted a cap surplus by signing horrible players and paying mediocre players like they’re elite. Any GM worth a shit turns that franchise around easily, it was no challenge at all, they were everyone’s dark horse in 2016. He’s been completely underwhelming and allowed Jacksonville and Houston to control that division for years to come. To put him above Belichick, Roseman, Schneider etc. is up there among your worst takes.
I avoid ranking Belichick. He is a proven cheater to a degree the league has never seen.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:
Headhunter wrote:That’s great. Doesn’t chsnge the fact that Robinson wasted a cap surplus by signing horrible players and paying mediocre players like they’re elite. Any GM worth a shit turns that franchise around easily, it was no challenge at all, they were everyone’s dark horse in 2016. He’s been completely underwhelming and allowed Jacksonville and Houston to control that division for years to come. To put him above Belichick, Roseman, Schneider etc. is up there among your worst takes.
I avoid ranking Belichick. He is a proven cheater to a degree the league has never seen.
I think you are vastly underestimating the amount of cheating that has taken place in the league. Belichick invented none of it. Steroids, stick um, ball tampering, signal intercepting, video taping, locker room manipulation, are all old.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:
I think you are vastly underestimating the amount of cheating that has taken place in the league. Belichick invented none of it. Steroids, stick um, ball tampering, signal intercepting, video taping, locker room manipulation, are all old.
Well fuck me. I agree with Foo 100% on this. Truth.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

And don't forget.....the last time the Browns had a really good team was with Bellicheck. (SP?). They had Nick Saban as Defensive Coordinator. Then Arty Farty Modell moved the team. Lmao
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I wouldn’t mind the Broncos cheating more if we won more too. The only thing that matters is winning.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Football, particularly the modern game is totally about rule manipulation. Stretching the rules is as big a part of the game as throwing a pass.

What players do to block effectively is always skirting that line. What players do to get open or defend passes, the same thing. How many times did the Broncos under Manning run pick/rub plays that basically force the officials to make a judgment call as to whether it is interference? Not saying it was illegal, but it is an example of playing in the gray area that every successful team must do.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:Football, particularly the modern game is totally about rule manipulation. Stretching the rules is as big a part of the game as throwing a pass.

What players do to block effectively is always skirting that line. What players do to get open or defend passes, the same thing. How many times did the Broncos under Manning run pick/rub plays that basically force the officials to make a judgment call as to whether it is interference? Not saying it was illegal, but it is an example of playing in the gray area that every successful team must do.
Seattle and Denver’s secondaries in recent years have gotten away with a lot of holding purely based on reputations of being elite units. It’s no secret, get good at something and everything can play to your advantage.