Intergenerational Reparations

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Intergenerational Reparations

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I'm highly amused that Foo would even give it the old college try.
The worst part really is that I think there are two very valid takes on the idea of reparations and guilt.

But Foo seems to have gone for neither of those takes, and just gone back to his par-for-the-course anti-liberal spiel.
Sure. I think there are compelling cases to be made on both sides. Honestly, the issue has really surprised me with how much it's made me think, I used to think it was ridiculous.

Foo has become our resident Archie Bunker. Every argument is a direct route to liberals being lazy moochers. :P
Never underestimate how much of our societal problems are directly caused by lazy moochers. If everyone gave their honest best, think of how society would be different.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:I'm highly amused that Foo would even give it the old college try.
The worst part really is that I think there are two very valid takes on the idea of reparations and guilt.

But Foo seems to have gone for neither of those takes, and just gone back to his par-for-the-course anti-liberal spiel.
Sure. I think there are compelling cases to be made on both sides. Honestly, the issue has really surprised me with how much it's made me think, I used to think it was ridiculous.

Foo has become our resident Archie Bunker. Every argument is a direct route to liberals being lazy moochers. :P
Never underestimate how much of our societal problems are directly caused by lazy moochers. If everyone gave their honest best, think of how society would be different.
Go on, how much of our societal problems are caused by lazy moochers. Thrill us with your oversimplistic nonsense. :idea:
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

Go on, how much of our societal problems are caused by lazy moochers. Thrill us with your oversimplistic nonsense. :idea:
1. Finances - hard working people forced to carry a disproportionate tax burden to pay for the lazy
2. Productivity - carrying dead weight dramatically reduces how much a society can produce
3. Safety - those earning incomes are far less likely to turn to crime
4. Mental health - the current trendiness of ADHD, bi-polarism, anxiety, depression, etc. are tied to people feeling useless, as they have not learned skills to find a useful place in society
5. Drug abuse - this ties into mental health, but quick fixes people get from drugs have replaced achievements earned through work
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Think of it this way, someone who goes out and earns a really nice middle class income of say $80,000, might pay $25k in taxes.

Now, the moocher can easily consume the contributions of two of those people when you figure out the burden of them and their children every year. If the moocher is simply making enough to subsidize their own life, without even contributing to the bigger picture, it changes everything.

Just like negative numbers kill any average.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Drug abuse is rampant in the higher-ups who can afford it as well. So that seems like quite the non-starter there.

Mental health is also not a problem of the lazy.

Being hard-working is not the same as being successful, or even being comfortable. Plenty of people work hard but are still in poverty. Because working hard picking apples isn't going to be as rewarding as working at a pretty shoddy pace but as a middle-manager at a large firm. That is simply not how economics works

Which is also why productivity and finance is not interesting, as neither of these are problems in society.

All told, you have made absolutely no case for why society's problems are caused by moochers.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:Drug abuse is rampant in the higher-ups who can afford it as well. So that seems like quite the non-starter there.

Being hard-working is not the same as being successful, or even being comfortable. Plenty of people work hard but are still in poverty. Because working hard picking apples isn't going to be as rewarding as working at a pretty shoddy pace but as a middle-manager at a large firm. That is simply not how economics works

Which is also why productivity and finance is not interesting, as neither of these are problems in society.

All told, you have made absolutely no case for why society's problems are caused by moochers.

What percentage of society do you feel can be lazy before they drag on everything? There has to be a point where the takers are taking too much for the givers to provide, right?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Drug abuse is rampant in the higher-ups who can afford it as well. So that seems like quite the non-starter there.

What percentage of society do you feel can be lazy before they drag on everything? There has to be a point where the takers are taking too much for the givers to provide, right?
I honestly doubt that there's even a meaningful fraction of a percentage that is "lazy." I don't think in terms of individual utility when I try and imagine the kind of world I'd like to live in.

If we were to put an arbitrary percentage on it, I'd say about 38% could be lazy and society would still work ok.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

What is this non-sense, I don't even... If you want to apologize for the sins of your father/ancestors, knock yourself out. I believe in personally responsibility, so I will atone for the things I have done. Which will not extend to apologizing to that little cunt I threw off a stage back in middle school, he and his mouth had it coming. Hmph.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Trump establishing dominance at world leader's meetings.

GOAT prez. Manhandled that dork Macron in front of everyone because he intentionally shook Trump's hand last. Good stuff.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Macroni, lol. GOATUS should have tore his arm off and beat him to death with it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Macron may be the wussiest world leader of all time. These are the kinds of discussions that go on during globalist meetings and I'm not joking about this.
They all huddle around drinking apple juice and admire each other's purty socks.

A JNN exclusive inside look! Here we go!
Showing off his pink frillies to Merkel. Check out the look of amazement from the other globalists!

Justin Trudeau makes it a point to wear pants two sizes too small to showoff his versatile collection of socks at every world leader meeting.

showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Lol. Epic socks. Am impressed.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday ... 352967001/

Pretty low class. I guess when you are French, you cherish making victories out of nothing, because you don't have much else at this point.

Trump has an exuberant handshake. He has demonstrated it with obvious allies and friends like Gorsich and Pence. Why this French clown thinks being rough on someone's hand is some sort of victory is pathetic.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Ah haha. I wasn't expecting him to throw a public tantrum about it. Lol. And he seems to be whining about the other handshake. Not the one where Trump pulled him around and manhandled him, the one where he held a firm grip for the cameras.

Just say it, Macron. You jabroni. "He thqueezed my haynd 2 hard and it hurted!"

You should've known going in that Trump grabs pussies.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:Macron may be the wussiest world leader of all time. These are the kinds of discussions that go on during globalist meetings and I'm not joking about this.
They all huddle around drinking apple juice and admire each other's purty socks.

A JNN exclusive inside look! Here we go!
Showing off his pink frillies to Merkel. Check out the look of amazement from the other globalists!

Justin Trudeau makes it a point to wear pants two sizes too small to showoff his versatile collection of socks at every world leader meeting.

Europe and Canada really are in a race to the bottom. Basically a bunch of pseudo-intellectual queers with nothing to show for themselves outside of government. Scary to think those are your leaders while ultra-violent Muslims are invading the culture.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:Europe and Canada really are in a race to the bottom. Basically a bunch of pseudo-intellectual queers with nothing to show for themselves outside of government.
And socks...
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo, you're getting lazy in your old age. Maybe it's that you don't have time to engage in politics anymore, or something else. But everything is now a dull false generalization. It's weird, it's like you enjoy politics but can't take the time to actually discuss it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:Ah haha. I wasn't expecting him to throw a public tantrum about it. Lol. And he seems to be whining about the other handshake. Not the one where Trump pulled him around and manhandled him, the one where he held a firm grip for the cameras.

Just say it, Macron. You jabroni. "He thqueezed my haynd 2 hard and it hurted!"

You should've known going in that Trump grabs pussies.
I just assumed they both had aggressive shakes and were playing around. Trump obviously gives no shits about anything but the bottom line.

Trump has an aggressive shake but he is also 70. I would hope a dude 25 years younger is not physically threatened by a 70 year old out of shape businessman. Pathetic.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:Foo, you're getting lazy in your old age. Maybe it's that you don't have time to engage in politics anymore, or something else. But everything is now a dull false generalization. It's weird, it's like you enjoy politics but can't take the time to actually discuss it.
Foo can't discuss politics the way you like, but legitimate politicians and world leaders main focuses at meetings are comparing socks... and you are impressed.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:Foo, you're getting lazy in your old age. Maybe it's that you don't have time to engage in politics anymore, or something else. But everything is now a dull false generalization. It's weird, it's like you enjoy politics but can't take the time to actually discuss it.
I learned that cutting to the bottom line makes more sense. Same in private life, you can evaluate all the reasons or you can simply do the work and make the change.