Re: June 1st 2017

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:what is that about? :P
We're not gonna tree hug with the rest of the hippies.
Victory for the environment. :)
You really think so?
genuinely, yes.

Motivation for every other nation just went up massively. China has stepped into a massive vacuum filled by the sudden cowardice of the US, and that will be a massive boost, and they will be driving a massive upgrade towards renewable energies as they now both have the advantage politically to be the leader and center-piece, and their technological advances will give them a competitive advantage over the US. The US can't cut corners and still trade with the world, and the world can now effectively deal directly with California and New York who continue to be powerhouse import economies with stricter regulations than US law dictates. So there's no downside here for the world, they just got given a massive boost to take the reigns from a reluctant and recalcitrant Trump presidency and shape this policy. Equally, the overwhelming consensus is that every government has redoubled their efforts now, for economic gain as much as for environmental gain.

Even better, the US gave up its seat at the table, despite the fact that it was going to be doing nothing to meet its commitments. Now there's no requirement to deal with that directly, the US can just sit on the outside looking in. Just like Brexit and the UK standing in Europe, the one who leaves feels the isolation, the ones that remain well tend to be just fine.

Paris is a particularly good accord for that reason as well, as it promotes peer-review and mechanisms but has no binding laws or regulations, so having commited members is the best way forward. There's a massive revenue opportunity for some nations to develop the monitoring and reporting tools now required, which is a multi-billion dollar industry in its own right that will now go to someone other than the US.

Meanwhile, the US can sit at the kids table with the other 2 countries who didn't ratify Paris. Honduras and Syria. Have fun. :)
I thought it was Nicaragua and Syria, but whatevs, all those guy know how to party!
Nicaragua, not Honduras... Fucking central American fake countries... Party with those dudes. :)

Right, I might have to try and get to bed before 3 AM for a change.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

While you're in bed sleeping and dreaming of how to save the environment, we gonna dance all night, dance all night! Wooo! :P

Night, brotha.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Dance away, mate.

I'm just tired of work feeling stressful. Been a bad 2 weeks somehow. Just lots of late nights and lots of building up stuff that needs resolving.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I feel ya, been there. Just got back to a shitstorm. Storm of stress and shit that I don't want part of, but someone has to step in and solve it.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Whoa ho! Nice color scheme up in here. Kind of reminds me of Fight Evil, not sure if that's a good thing or not.
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

So, What's new?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

how are you doing, daebo?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Finally going home. Literally doing nothing but laying in bed the entire time. Pointless stay. Completely pointless.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Back home. Fixed the black text on dark gray background after every post.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Back home. Fixed the black text on dark gray background after every post.
Nope.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Get. Off. The. Fucking. Phone.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Get. Off. The. Fucking. Phone.
Its all I've got.