NBA Playoffs

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Monster
Charter Member

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by Monster »

Jason wrote:Trying to figure out who in their right mind would be cheering on Golden State (ignoring fans/bandwagon).

Boston maybe, just because the Warriors and Patriots are hated on the same level.
Probably Lakers fans. I've never met a Laker fan who didn't want to murder LeBron in his sleep. And I live in southern California.
Definitely Bulls fans. They gotta be ripping their hair out with everyone talking about LeBron surpassing Jordan.
Believe it or not, there are some OKC fans who want to see KD win. They have this ridiculous notion that he'll return once he's got a ring or three. I liken them to sad sacs who still want their wife back despite the fact that she left him to go bang some millionaire.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Accurate.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Trying to figure out who in their right mind would be cheering on Golden State (ignoring fans/bandwagon).

Boston maybe, just because the Warriors and Patriots are hated on the same level.
Probably Lakers fans. I've never met a Laker fan who didn't want to murder LeBron in his sleep. And I live in southern California.
Definitely Bulls fans. They gotta be ripping their hair out with everyone talking about LeBron surpassing Jordan.
Warriors broke the Bulls record though, so don't count on that. I hate that more than talk of LeBron passing GOAT Jordan.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Not a chance.
Kinda feels that way. I'm hoping LeBron and Cavs win it this year, and Warriors blow up their squad. Instead it is likely to be more of the same, I guess.
Five of these Finals in a row isn't crazy.
Weren't you saying how the NFL can possibly compare to the NBA and shiz though, for a number of reasons? Everyone I talk to, this is precisely why none of us give a flying fuck about the NBA (especially since the Lakes are teh suck), it's gonna be the same fucking thing for awhile.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Monster wrote:

Believe it or not, there are some OKC fans who want to see KD win. They have this ridiculous notion that he'll return once he's got a ring or three. I liken them to sad sacs who still want their wife back despite the fact that she left him to go bang some millionaire.
Leburn came back for Cleveland, so there is hope? Nah, Durant didn't grow up in nor was drafted there so you be fucked. :arrow:
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

KD fans still in denial. Best to accept it and start hating.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Not a chance.
Kinda feels that way. I'm hoping LeBron and Cavs win it this year, and Warriors blow up their squad. Instead it is likely to be more of the same, I guess.
Five of these Finals in a row isn't crazy.
Weren't you saying how the NFL can possibly compare to the NBA and shiz though, for a number of reasons? Everyone I talk to, this is precisely why none of us give a flying fuck about the NBA (especially since the Lakes are teh suck), it's gonna be the same fucking thing for awhile.
Well, the NBA is doing a lot right and the NFL is doing a lot wrong, but the NFL will always have parity.

I must continue to point out the mythologization of the 1980s, when the Lakers and Celtics met in the Finals theee times and one of the two appeared in every single one. Being a star-dominated sport, parity doesn't help basketball in the same way it does football.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Also, the parallels between Magic Johnson coming in as GM and John Elway coming in as GM are pretty astounding.

Believe my brotha! We will be back.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

ATTENTION:

The basketball is on today. :D
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Finally! Go Cavs.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Heel LeBron better make a grand entrance.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I am really beat from work. I am going to try and stay up for the game.

Man, the Warriors announcer sounds like he is trying too hard to be the guy from Price is Right.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Orgasmic first quarter. KD, LeBron, Steph and Kyrie all look great. Scary that GS getting so many offensive rebounds.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:Heel LeBron better make a grand entrance.
Nah, the Warriors being super villains + the vandalism incident at LeBron's home makes him more of a babyface than he's ever been.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Me and MX can hold hands for this one. Iggy and GayD leaving for the vagina enemy stings. We will cry together.
Jason
Administrator

Re: June 1st 2017

Post by Jason »

LeBern. Needs to just take over. Everyone is screwing the pooch for the Cavs.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Except KD is an all-time-great who played in OKC for 8 years, while Iggy was a merc in Denver for one year who is a role player now.

Totally the same though. :lol:
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Iggy literally defected to GS DURING Denver's playoff series against them. The ultimate backstabbing.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Lol at that charge call.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

That was a good call, actually.

This would really be an even matchup without KD.