Administrator

Re: May 27th 2024

Post by Tiggnutz »

Very sad that Furiosa will be considered a flop
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:18 am Very sad that Furiosa will be considered a flop
I honestly expected it. Theaters aren't doing pre-covid numbers in general and it's a Mad Max film without Mad Max, so you get the Halloween III effect.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I bought a matinee ticket that was 20% off and it was $19.96. That's kinda ludacris. I don't want to be the old guy saying "in my day" but that would of been tickets for 2 people and a ton of drinks and food.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:48 am I bought a matinee ticket that was 20% off and it was $19.96. That's kinda ludacris. I don't want to be the old guy saying "in my day" but that would of been tickets for 2 people and a ton of drinks and food.
No discount for me and it was 26 bones, ugh. I'm totally that old guy shaking my fist shouting back in my day, sad part is I'm not that old. We just keep fucking things up at a crazy accelerated pace.

Yes times change and people change, but to say in 20 years time people just accept and tolerate shit being 10X more expensive, what do you think it's gonna be in the next 20 years? Fuck.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It would be bad enough if the price hikes matched the pace of inflation but it’s worse. I’ve gone to the movies almost weekly this year for the first time in many years and it’s bad.

Also, theater conduct is at an all time low. Put your fucking phones away and shut the fuck up for two hours. Also, when did they stop turning the lights off for previews?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Theater etiquette is why I really only go to the earliest screenings of movies. The phone nonsense makes waiting for movies to stream completely understandable.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Man. Days Gone was really good.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:55 pm Theater etiquette is why I really only go to the earliest screenings of movies. The phone nonsense makes waiting for movies to stream completely understandable.
And just stupid people. I went to Imax with Ava to see Godzilla lil Baby Arms x Kong, theater wasn't crowded, just few people scattered, and to the right of us there was people, but to the left of me was just one old dude, and then 20 empty seats. I even looked at him and down the the aisle to give the hint to move your ass over one seat at least. Nope, I had to put all my snacks on the ground while he used the seats next to him. And he stank like formaldehyde. I spent a quarter of the time thinking how to politely punch his wrinkly face and not cause a scene. 8-|
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:16 pm It would be bad enough if the price hikes matched the pace of inflation but it’s worse. I’ve gone to the movies almost weekly this year for the first time in many years and it’s bad.

Also, theater conduct is at an all time low. Put your fucking phones away and shut the fuck up for two hours. Also, when did they stop turning the lights off for previews?
Vine/tiktok/facebook reels/youtube shorts have drastically damaged the attention span of the general population. I've got caught up in that stuff once in a blue moon and I noticed I became a little more impatient with movies and found myself trailing off and not paying attention. If I cut myself off from that stuff I'm locked in the zone again. Those short videos are not only 99% dumb, but it just gets you in this state of... next... next... next...

Bad for the brain. Bad for the soul.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

haven't seen a movie in theaters since It Chapter 2.

Maybe I should go to one in the next couple of years. I'll keep my eyes open. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My most recent (I think) was Immaculate. Mediocre. Favorite of the year was Late Night with the Devil. Killers of the Flower Moon was really quite good. Been sitting on the book for too long though. Still haven't read it. Lol