NBA 2023-2024

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Jason
Administrator

Re: NBA 2023-2024

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:03 pm Most high pressure Denver game since the Manning Broncos. Excited!
End of the 3rd quarter I shut the game off. Not gonna watch them choke the game away.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Much less difficult to handle a loss when you just shut off the choke job early and check the score later.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This loss stings worse the next day. Worst weekend of all time for Colorado sports fans. Both the hockey and basketball teams (who are in championship or bust mode) get eliminated in as heartbreaking fashion as you can imagine. Doesn't get more rough than that.

To add insult to injury, the Rockies are probably the worst team in baseball and were swept again over the weekend and the Broncos are in rebuild mode as we're approaching year ten of playoff drought with a rookie QB who has all sorts of question marks.

Been a fan of Colorado sports my whole life and when you count all 4 major sports together, this is the most I've ever suffered.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

On the flip side, two championships since 2022 is pretty great.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Yeah and the Nuggies finally getting one was huge, really wish my grandma was alive to see that. This year sucked, wouldn't call it suffering yet. Still waiting on the friggin Rockies to make us grand slam champs, fuckers.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

if fans in Colorado want the Rockies’ situation to ever improve, they have to stop going to games. I get it, Coors on a summer day is heaven. That’s why attendance is always high and the Monforts rake in the cash which tells them they don’t need to change anything. I want to start seeing those bleachers emptied out outside of some “Sell the team” banners.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The debacle with the Rockies is if fans stop going to games, it opens the door for the Monforts to do the Major League thing and try to move the team. Which is the worst possible outcome. Not likely. But still a possibility. Ownership has clearly had a moderate interest in winning and one thing where everyone is unified is the Monforts selling. Maybe Kroenke can buy them.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Bill Walton died. Perhaps the best basketball commentator ever, yet, twice the man off the court.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Legitimately incredible human being. Sad day for humanity.

“Happiness begins when selfishness ends”
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

National Champion multiple times, NBA Champion multiple times, MVP, Sixth Man. What a career, and I think his passion for music was something just as cool. A deadhead through and through. What a life. R.I.P. Bill