WWE Wrestlemania 40

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Lazerus

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 40

Post by Lazerus »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 am I dug it, not the greatest of all time, I even liked 39 better. The main events and opening/cash in at Night 2 are really only standouts, and I hated Sami beating Gunther.
Cody winning was too predictable. That's the problem I had with the whole thing. Sami beating Gunther was just... I don't get it. Unless Gunther is taking some time off or they're preparing to give him a main event push in the near future. If it's the latter then this backfired badly with Rhea, the only champion they had left who was on a dominant run getting sidelined with an injury. Now they have no dominant champion (I don't count Logan Paul), only new ones.

All I can say is hopefully Priest is booked correctly and builds momentum so he can become that new dominant title holder.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I'd say they will be giving Gunther a main event push, because Cody doesn't have that many to feud with. He's beaten most the top dogs in his ascent to Roman.

And I suspect they will be playing hot potato with all the belts for a little bit, after a long haul of championship streaks, their roster is stacked and these guys want gold. Drew is gonna want his piece, Orton and AJ likely get last runs, Punk too, LA Knight has a short window and is white hot, if they want Solo to be top heel he needs a run, and of course my main dude JD McDonagh is gonna make em drip with gold.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

How long do you think Cody's run with the belt will last?

I'd love to see Gunther be the one to dethrone him. But I could also see LA Knight as that guy too.
I don't like the hot potato crap with the titles, especially the world championships. It's one of my biggest gripes with the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras. The titles didn't mean shit back then. I really hope they don't go back to that.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Cody is interesting in that they obviously want to create Hogan/Cena next gen with him, but I don't see it. He is drawing big merch numbers now, but the audiences today are too fickle and you have to have an edge, even in PG land. I'm gonna say until Survivor Series.

As noted, we already have a slate of new champions. Problem (if you call it that) is the stacked roster. Drew deserves the belt, but Priest deserved his cash in too. Now you play boss with Gunther, he's dominated the IC title and jobbed to a lesser foe as instructed for their WrestleMania sweet moment, what's next? The big gold strap and he ain't waiting 3 fucking years. They have a compounding problem.