Favorite Friday the 13th?

There's a legend around here. A killer buried, but not dead.
A curse on Crystal Lake. A death curse. Jason Voorhees' curse.
Few have seen him and lived. Some have even tried to stop him... No one can.

Which Friday the 13th is your favorite?

Friday the 13th
No votes
Friday the 13th II
13%
Friday the 13th III
7%
Friday the 13th IV: The Final Chapter
60%
Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning
7%
Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives
7%
Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood
No votes
Friday the 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
No votes
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
No votes
Jason X
7%
Friday the 13th (2009)
No votes

Total votes: 15

Foo
Administrator

Re: Favorite Friday the 13th?

Post by Foo »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Foo wrote:3..4..5

Excellent entry..Perfection..Excellent Entry

I don't hate 6 because it is well made, faithful to the story, and breathes new life into the series. 7 is a direct to video quality production seemingly done by people who saw clips of the series but were not fans. Started the "Jason Anthology" films that finished out the series.
7 definitely has a direct-to-video quality. Make-up is still top notch, but the rest of the production does feel made-for-tv. With boobs.
Even the Jason make-up, while it is well crafted for what it is, a latex and foam body suit and face, I think it suffers from an incredibly poor choice of actor. If you want to give the illusion that the relatively lean part 6 Jason had been rotting to the bone, why cast a larger body type knowing you are going to be packing him out with the body suit?

It just looks anatomically off as well. Like if your cheek is rotted/torn off, your teeth do not shift over to that area. It makes it appear as though his face would be two feet wide without the damage. Same thing with his spine area. He is too thick to see those bones.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Foo wrote:
Foo wrote:3..4..5

Excellent entry..Perfection..Excellent Entry

I don't hate 6 because it is well made, faithful to the story, and breathes new life into the series. 7 is a direct to video quality production seemingly done by people who saw clips of the series but were not fans. Started the "Jason Anthology" films that finished out the series.
7 definitely has a direct-to-video quality. Make-up is still top notch, but the rest of the production does feel made-for-tv. With boobs.
That's not a knock on the make-up, that's a knock on the producers wanting a non-rotting dad that they originally filmed.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The Cinematography for 7 is pretty on par with the straight-to-video Full Moon stuff too. Pretty cheap looking.

I also am not fond of Alabama or wherever woods subbing for Crystal Lake. It's just ugly.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:The Cinematography for 7 is pretty on par with the straight-to-video Full Moon stuff too. Pretty cheap looking.

I also am not fond of Alabama or wherever woods subbing for Crystal Lake. It's just ugly.
Was 7 filmed on location? It really feels like a sound stage, and the first in the series to feel that way.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Foo wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:The Cinematography for 7 is pretty on par with the straight-to-video Full Moon stuff too. Pretty cheap looking.

Was 7 filmed on location? It really feels like a sound stage, and the first in the series to feel that way.
There was probably pickup shots in a studio, but those were real houses and a lake.

I know the death scene for Robin was completely redone and shot in the Tapanga Canyon house that was used for the Jarvis House.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Though it's possible they were studio built houses, because they really did blow one up. Hence the cheapness look of the sets.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Thought it was going to be a closer vote given the debate on here. Everyone is all about. V. But I agree it’s the strongest of the bunch really. Great series entries.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Part 4 is easily the best, followed by part 3. All you Jason Lives fuckers need to GFY.
If it wasn't for part V, it would easily be the best. The titties in V bump it up a notch.
At least that's a good excuse for preference over IV. Jason Lives doesn't even have titties!
Which is bullshit. In this day and age, part VI would be considered the least "sexist". I am a man who loves titties and yes, I am sexist. Lol.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

I like part 7. I would love to see that film as it was intended to be. I believe Foo won't let me eat in his joint for saying this. Then again, he might but will spit in my food or something, lol.
dave626

Post by dave626 »

I was torn between 2 the first adult Jason movie and 6, the end of the Tommy Jarvis story. Both had good stories, good characters, great kills and actually meant something and lead somewhere. 3 and 4 weren't actually on Fridays. That's like Halloween in November. I'm okay with the before, not after. The #D gimmick never worked with my vision, so that was out. 4 I hated Erich Anderson's character and Crispin Glover and his buddy. Corey Feldman and his sister saved it, but it wasn't enough. 5 was a waste, as it was a fake.

After 6, the series nosedived, IMO. So to me, 2 and 6 stand out as the best. I'm sorry, I like the original and it's uniqueness, but a middle aged mother killer just didn't do it for me.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Fav is the 3rd. 4 is my runner up though.
When I watch it I usually watch it in that order too. 3,4,1,2 then whatever I frickin' feel like bitches! :lol:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Ava wrote:Fav is the 3rd. 4 is my runner up though.
When I watch it I usually watch it in that order too. 3,4,1,2 then whatever I frickin' feel like bitches! :lol:
*thumbs up*
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I watched the first 8 for the Challenge and now my order is 4,1,3,2,5,7,6,8
Lunachic
Charter Member

Post by Lunachic »

Part 2 .... have also seen this one the most
horrorfan

Post by horrorfan »

Part 3 has always been my favorite because Richard Brooker is my personal favorite Jason. I love the barn scene with the axe to his mask. I am also a huge fan of Jason Takes Manhattan but I know that one doesn't get much love.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Part 4 is easily the best, followed by part 3. All you Jason Lives fuckers need to GFY.
*hugs*

This. I am not completely offended by part 6 love, though. When someone says part 7, I want to smash puppies with hammers, however. It is like someone saying the best burger they have ever eaten is a Big Mac that they heated up in the microwave.
I would pay 100 dollars for a true copy of The New Blood that replaces the kills with the ones that were originally filmed for it. MPAA is such shit. Joe Bob Briggs shitting on them for taking out all those kills was my favorite thing he ever did.
Kwik Kash

Post by Kwik Kash »

The Final Chapter, if I have to select a single film. But, 3 and 4 are one single film, to me. I like to watch them both back to back.
" The best way to keep one's word is to never give it. "
JohnBlack

Post by JohnBlack »

1. Final Chapter
2. Jason Lives!!
3. The New Blood
4. Part 3
5. Part 2
6. Jason Takes Manhattan
Enjoyed the above. The rest of the them didn't do much for me on any level.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

This is my favorite horror/slasher franchise.

So here are my rankings from best to worst.
I enjoy all of them with the exception of JX.

1. Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter
2. Friday Th 13th Part 3
3. Friday The 13th (2009)
4. Friday The 13th Part 2
5. Friday The 13th (1980)
6. Friday The 13th Part 7: The New Blood
7. Friday The 13th Part 6: Jason Lives
8. Freddy vs. Jason
9. Friday The 13th Part 5: A New Beginning
10. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
11. Friday The 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan
12. Jason X