WWE Wrestlemania 40

All sports. We don't even mind if its women's Curling or junior badminton. Although we won't have strong opinions on the latter.
Forum rules
There are no refs here.
Lazerus

WWE Wrestlemania 40

Post by Lazerus »

There’s been no official confirmation from WWE regarding the card just yet but I feel some are obvious already.

Roman Reigns vs The Rock

CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins (or Cody Rhodes)

Rhea Ripley vs Bianca Belair (I really hope this one happens)

Gunther vs Brock Lesnar

Anyway,

Thoughts, predictions anyone?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 40

Post by Reign in Blood »

Unfortunately, I don't think we are gonna get Gunther vs. Brock. :lol: Fucking Vinny Mac, I knew you were a dirty dog, but god damn.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I'm with you in that I don't like Cody's character, generic baby face shit, but that motherfucker ran circles around Punk and embarrassed WWE in the process, even thinking of letting him sniff the final 2 just because Punk can sell a fucking t-shirt. Cody was the tits, he was pristine and crisp and he knows all the tricks. Roman meanwhile looked like trash again, ring rust whatever you want to call it. Seth's down. Cody deserves the strap.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Brock is probably going into hiding with Vince
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:15 am Brock is probably going into hiding with Vince
Maybe Sable divorces him, other than that Brock don't give a shit.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:00 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:15 am Brock is probably going into hiding with Vince
Maybe Sable divorces him, other than that Brock don't give a shit.
He should care he's involved in some seriously fucked up "SHIT" allegedly
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Oh fuck it'd be sad if it weren't so funny, reports are CM Punk tore his tricep right out the gate, out for months. :lol: Gotta dig karma sometimes.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

I think the Vince scandal on top of multiple injuries etc. have forced WWE into a corner as far as building up WM40. The biggest problem I have with Cody vs Roman is that we know how it ends. It’s too predictable just like the rematch between Cena & Rock 11 years ago. They could have done proper build up to Roman vs Rock but they screwed everything up and this bs work they recently pulled made zero sense lol

As far as Cody goes, I agree that he’s a great in ring worker but it’s only a matter of time before the fans grow tired of him. Hope he turns heel because I believe he would make a great one!

I still have some slight hope we finally get the Bianca vs Rhea dream match. They’ve been teasing it for over a year.

Brock is done, Punk… karma as you said!

Gunther needs to be put into the world title picture this year and I am excited to see how they push Bron Breaker and Jade Cargill.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I don't know what the hell they are doing, they have bungled the Rock shit so bad. Rock slaps Cody, Cody wants to fight Rock and give people an actual match we want to see that makes sense given he smacked the piss out of you, Rock says no we're gonna do a lame ass tag match with no build no one wants to see and just beat the dogshit out of the promos with a bunch of long winded talking. Let's spice it up with the most retarded wrestling stipulations ever (Cody gets his ass kicked and begs for the bloodline not to cheat?). Oye, this pivot is garbage.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:56 am I don't know what the hell they are doing, they have bungled the Rock shit so bad. Rock slaps Cody, Cody wants to fight Rock and give people an actual match we want to see that makes sense given he smacked the piss out of you, Rock says no we're gonna do a lame ass tag match with no build no one wants to see and just beat the dogshit out of the promos with a bunch of long winded talking. Let's spice it up with the most retarded wrestling stipulations ever (Cody gets his ass kicked and begs for the bloodline not to cheat?). Oye, this pivot is garbage.
They have botched this right from the start. WM40 was already hurting due to the various injuries WWE is dealing with and instead of a dream match main event we’re getting a rematch that will deliver an all to predictable outcome. Wtf! Cody’s “finish the story” crap is just fucking lame 😒

I thought we would at least get Bianca vs Rhea but noooo Becky Lynch once again gets thrusted into the main event picture and will probably end what’s been a solid run for Rhea. Just lazy booking.

And what are they doing with Jade Cargill? She’s been with the company since September and yet to wrestle a single match. Smh

Anyways, I will be attending Smackdown tonight. Hopefully it’s a good show.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I really hope they don't take the strap off Rhea for Becks, Rhea is the best they got going in the women's division. I'm assuming Jade is still too green, but then why isn't she working in NXT? Seems weird.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Rhea’s run should continue for now. It’s red hot and still feels fresh. Jade is just a weird situation. I read somewhere that her mother passed away a few months back so that understandably caused some delays but after her big debut at the RR you would think they would at least have her in a story line. Yet were less than a month away from WM40 and… crickets.

Just strange.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

With Jade they also shot themselves in the foot by pitting her against Bianca at the Rumble. Bianca is essentially just coming back, so she's not gonna lose that feud, and you're not gonna bury Jade out the gate, so that was all a waste right now. I would have started Jade in a program with probably Shayna Baszler first.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Bianca vs. Jade should be held off for a few years. Give Jade time to be properly built up, have some decent feuds and even a title run. Meanwhile Bianca can win another title and (hopefully) finally get that WrestleMania dream match with Rhea next year.

Baszler would be a great first feud for Jade and after that I'd book her against Nia Jax.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Agreed. How was Smackdown?
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

It was good. We had a great time and good seats! Got to see Roman, Rock and several others.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Very cool, getting to see Rock and Roman at a show is uber special occasion nowadays.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

It's going to be interesting to see how they build to Rock vs. Reigns. My guess it will be a slow build and finally go down at WM 41.
Either way I feel it's painfully obvious Reigns will loose at WM this year. There's a few scenarios they could go with to make this interesting. But then again this is WWE and how they've botched the build to WM 40 so far I'm not holding my breath.

Back to Jade real quick. She's signed with Smackdown. So maybe we will finally get to see her wrestle a match soon.
Lazerus

Post by Lazerus »

Well that main event went as expected... too predictable but we're here now.

Overall I thought WM 40 was a good event. What did you guys think?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I dug it, not the greatest of all time, I even liked 39 better. The main events and opening/cash in at Night 2 are really only standouts, and I hated Sami beating Gunther.