March 20th, 2024

The daily chat room.
FallandPray

March 20th, 2024

Post by FallandPray »

Slaughter.

You should watch the Barbie movie (full) and then give your opinion

Barbie premiered at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on July 9, 2023, and was released in the United States on July 21. The film has grossed $1.446 billion and achieved several milestones, including the highest-grossing film of 2023 and the 14th highest-grossing film of all time. Named one of the top 10 films of 2023 by the National Board of Review and the American Film Institute, it received widespread critical acclaim and other accolades, including eight Academy Award nominations, winning Best Original Song for "What Was I Made For?". It was also the most nominated film at the 81st Golden Globe Awards, receiving nine nominations and winning two for Cinematic and Box Office Achievement and Best Original Song.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Re: March 20th, 2024

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

No
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Notice how the only awards it's can win is for best box office and an incomprehensible song that sounds like a seal is shitting itself for 4 minutes.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:28 am Notice how the only awards it's can win is for best box office and an incomprehensible song that sounds like a seal is shitting itself for 4 minutes.
They also lied about there being no cgi when it was painfully obvious that there was. Fuck that noise.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

In other news, I'm on the horn with support trying to get the email situation fixed. As far as I can tell, everything's kosher on our end and nothing was changed, so I had to resort to contacting them.
FallandPray

Post by FallandPray »

Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:28 am Notice how the only awards it's can win is for best box office and an incomprehensible song that sounds like a seal is shitting itself for 4 minutes.
I was to busy noticing Barbie was the highest-grossing film of 2023 and the 14th highest-grossing film of all time
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

FallandPray wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:08 am I was to busy noticing Barbie was the highest-grossing film of 2023 and the 14th highest-grossing film of all time
Again, that is irrelevant to anyone except the people that are making the money. If all you care about is box office, then good for you, but don't expect others to give a fuck.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the movie could win all the awards and that would change nothing about the content of the film, or how you should favor it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i think barbie looks fun. but then i haven't watched it yet. so maybe i'm wrong. :P
FallandPray

Post by FallandPray »

zombie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm i think barbie looks fun. but then i haven't watched it yet. so maybe i'm wrong. :P
What's up, Zombie.

Barbie was a fun watch.

You should watch it and give your opinion.

That is what HorrorMovieFans website is all about, yes? discussing film?

Slaughter, again, I am sorry for my pro- Barbie posts
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

FallandPray wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:53 pm
zombie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm i think barbie looks fun. but then i haven't watched it yet. so maybe i'm wrong. :P
What's up, Zombie.

Barbie was a fun watch.

we lean more to the splatter and scares but yeah, any film critique or discussion is welcome. i'll share my thought when i get around to it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:04 pm

the movie could win all the awards and that would change nothing about the content of the film, or how you should favor it.
Au contraire mon derriere, I am huge fan of Margot Robbie, and if she were to net some bodacious Best Actress awards, I'd be inclined to stick it out and see if her talent shined through, like I have with that piece of crap Queen movie or the chunk of shit with Brad Pitt Babylon. Alas, it's got nothing.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:18 pm

Au contraire mon derriere, I am huge fan of Margot Robbie, and if she were to net some bodacious Best Actress awards, I'd be inclined to stick it out and see if her talent shined through, like I have with that piece of crap Queen movie or the chunk of shit with Brad Pitt Babylon. Alas, it's got nothing.
margot robbie is not the awards she's received! :P but fair, i guess. you like scorsese too and didn't let a lack of awards until recently steer you away is all i'm saying.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

FallandPray wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:53 pm Slaughter, again, I am sorry for my pro- Barbie posts
No reason to be sorry. I was just stating how profit is meaningless in regards to whether or not a film is good. Look at The Thing, Shawshank Redemption, Big Trouble in Little China, fucking Willy Wonka. All box office bombs, all good films.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:21 pm
Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:18 pm

margot robbie is not the awards she's received! :P but fair, i guess. you like scorsese too and didn't let a lack of awards until recently steer you away is all i'm saying.
Enh, it actually doesn't matter. Flower Moon got plenty of nods but it looks like a boring slog this isn't my bag so I haven't watched.
FallandPray

Post by FallandPray »

zombie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm
What's up, Zombie.

Barbie was a fun watch.

we lean more to the splatter and scares but yeah, any film critique or discussion is welcome. i'll share my thought when i get around to it.
Yes, this is a horror movie fan website. I was not the one who originally brought the movie, Barbie, to the previous thread yesterday. I just responded.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

FallandPray wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:49 pm
zombie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm
What's up, Zombie.

Barbie was a fun watch.

Yes, this is a horror movie fan website. I was not the one who originally brought the movie, Barbie, to the previous thread yesterday. I just responded.
no worries. just discuss what you wanna. there's not rules on who can start a movie convo or what kind of movie can we talk about whatever.
FallandPray

Post by FallandPray »

Thank you.

I love this forum. It is the only horror message board I'm on and since returning to the message board after months and months being gone due to mental illness, I been posting for 2 days straight now, being an active contributor.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

HMF is the best and it's been a haven for me for many years.
FallandPray

Post by FallandPray »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:45 pm HMF is the best and it's been a haven for me for many years.
I agree.

HMF is the best

I like all the Administrators. Slaughter was so helpful with my account, showing me how to post Twitter and Youtube links.. NO SPAM!

Thank you again, Slaughter.